TvPaint 11.7 crashes often on Mac M1 laptop

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Yool_N

TvPaint 11.7 crashes often on Mac M1 laptop

Post by Yool_N »

I am working in a project with HD resolution, so I don't think size should be an issue. However, it is practically impossible to work in 4k scale, even though it never used to be a proble with older versions and on an older Mac with less RAM. This is very frustrationg and I am frequently losing process on projects because of it. I'm running Sonoma on a 2021 Macbook pro with the recent version of Tvpaint 11.7. From forums I see many others experiencing these problems, but I don't really see how to work around it? I can hardly use the sowftware these days even though I really loved it for any years.
Dean
Site Admin

Re: TvPaint 11.7 crashes often on Mac M1 laptop

Post by Dean »

Hello Yool_N, was this TVPaint version updated from a previous one that was installed before or did you install your 11.7 directly when you got the new Mac?
Probably a vampire
Yool_N

Post by Yool_N »

I deinstalled my previous version and installed 11.7.2, so I guess technically its a reinstall? I got the previous version from the support team today and am running 11.7.1 now, so far it seems to work fine.
GerhardHuman

Post by GerhardHuman »

I think I might have a similar problem. I'm also working on a high res and 11.7.2 crashes all the time. Hopefully someone from support can hook me up with 11.7.1?
TV Paint 11.0.9 Std iMac 3.2GHz Wacom Cintiq 24 pro (no touch)