Profile editor of brushes resets on open

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
NathanOtano

Profile editor of brushes resets on open

Post by NathanOtano »

Hello!
I have a bug in tvp 11.7.1 when creating brushes : no matter if i reset my brush, click on a new one from a panel etc, the pofile editor keeps it's state.
I mean that I can't edit the profile of let's say the pressure of my brush, because when clicking on the "Editeur de profil", i never can open the current state of the brush. Instead I jsut get whatever last edit I made on any brush :'(

I am on a mission of creating brushs for a company and it's really anoying to have to redo the porfile when going back to an old brush i'm editing
Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

Best,
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: Profile editor of brushes resets on open

Post by Thierry »

Hi Nathan,

If I'm understanding correctly, we are aware of this bug, and it is fixed for the next v11 update (which shouldn't be long now) :)
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Ok thanks :)
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Unfortunately I still get the bug on the new version :(

- load a custom brush with a specific pofile curve
- click on edit profil
- I get a default curve to edit, not the curve setted in the brush and I can't access it in any manner
Working on Windows 10
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, does resetting your configuration help?
Probably a vampire
kelanhordos

Post by kelanhordos »

The behaviour I am having is the original profile saved in the (air) custom brushes does not show up. If I edit the current profile it applies to all brushes. Saving new versions of the brush with a different profile doesn't save.

Wet profile also not saving with custom brushes.

Reset config and didn't help.
PC: Windows 10/64 Pro - TUF Gaming H470-PRO, i9-10900F@ 2.8 GHz - 32Gb RAM
Tvpaint 11.7.3 Pro
Wacom Cintiq 16 Driver: 6.4.5-5
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Same than Kelanhordos here
I can add I had the same pb importing my panel on other configurations of other artists (I didn't try to reset my own config for now)
I remember it wasnt the case on old versions so the bug was introduced somewhere. Really it's just that when I open the profile editor I don't get the brushs current curve, juste a regular reset one and then if i edit it I get that setting on every new opening of this parameter and it doesn't matter if it's the same brush or not :)
Working on Windows 10
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Is this the same issue as the one in this thread?
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
kelanhordos

Post by kelanhordos »

Yes, it seems to be the same issue. Would be nice to get an update if this is a known issue or feedback if this is happening to other people?

Also, just an update: Custom brushes with adjusted Wet profiles are saving correctly as expected for me now, I'm not sure why it didn't seem to work before. However, all other custom brush profile's are still behaving as they did before the update for me.
PC: Windows 10/64 Pro - TUF Gaming H470-PRO, i9-10900F@ 2.8 GHz - 32Gb RAM
Tvpaint 11.7.3 Pro
Wacom Cintiq 16 Driver: 6.4.5-5