mac legacy dongle issue persists + internal error

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
mayakanoe

mac legacy dongle issue persists + internal error

Post by mayakanoe »

Hello,
I have been getting the "dongle is not present in USB port" popup in TVPaint and unable to use it for a couple weeks now.

Here are the technical specs:
macOS Monterrey (12.6) 64 bit (2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 Processor)
TVPaint v11.7.1 Standard Edition
Cintiq Pro 24 P DTK-2420
USB legacy dongle

I've uninstalled and reinstalled version 11.7.1 and drivers multiple times with the same issue. Also went into Security and Preferences and granted access to run TVPaint with the same issue. I cannot uninstall the driver because there is no folder called [Sentinel] or [SFNT Germany GmbH] in my Applications folder or anywhere that I can find, even after downloading and rebooting my computer. I was running TVPaint fine earlier this year (May 2023) with the same setup, and have ran into this issue and been able to solve it previously.
Now when I log into my account and click on the download configuration, it's only giving me the option of 32bit for the Mac download, and then leading me to an error page that says "an internal error [1394] occurs, please try again".
Sorry to bother you all, I've read through all the documentation/FAQ/forums and sent emails to the TVPaint contact support weeks ago with no response :(
How can I go about resolving this?
Thank you!!
Dean
Site Admin

Re: mac legacy dongle issue persists + internal error

Post by Dean »

Hello, the dongle's Sentinel driver is not compatible with Macs which run the Big Sur OS version and above, hence our transition to a new, dematerialized license system.
If you didn't receive a response to your email, we might have difficulties reaching your address. I checked my email and it seems that it was me who responded to you. Please contact me via PM so we can arrange the migration of your license.
Probably a vampire