Keyboard causing stroke lag

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
voidfishh

Keyboard causing stroke lag

Post by voidfishh »

Whenever I attach my keyboard to my Macbook (either with the cable or wirelessly, although the problem is worse when I am using the keyboard wirelessly), my strokes in TVPaint lag such that if I draw a curved line, it ends up having weird straight segments. The slower I draw, the less severe the issue is. This isn’t a problem with my computer or tablet, as I do not have the same issue in Photoshop. When I disconnect the keyboard, the issue is gone, but I really rely on having a keyboard in front of me and not having to reach around awkwardly to the laptop itself. It’s also may be worth noting that in one of the labs at work, we use the same keyboard wirelessly with a desktop Mac and Cintiq 22, and I’ve never experienced this issue while using TVPaint there.
info: I am using a Cintiq Pro 24HD and OS Monterey 12.3, and TVPaint 11.5.3 Pro.
D.T. Nethery

Re: Keyboard causing stroke lag

Post by D.T. Nethery »

What brand of keyboard is it ? I'm currently using two Apple keyboards: 1.) Apple Magic Keyboard (bluetooth). 2.) Apple USB keyboard from an old iMac. I am not getting the lag issue you are describing. I'm on Monterey 12.4 running on a Mac Mini (late 2018).

See this conversation:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/685488

May be a bug in MacOS 12.3 .

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1