custom panel - grab current tool freeze tvp

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
condepablo

custom panel - grab current tool freeze tvp

Post by condepablo »

Hi, how is it going?
I have this problem. when I grab my current tool in a custom panel, the soft stop wroking :(

I capture the situation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fox1v6ey4eo2 ... g.mp4?dl=0
Dean
Site Admin

Re: custom panel - grab current tool freeze tvp

Post by Dean »

Hello condepablo,
Which is the approximate resolution of your custom brush?
Also, which operating system are you running?
Probably a vampire
condepablo

Post by condepablo »

Dean wrote: 15 Jun 2020, 08:29 Hello condepablo,
Which is the approximate resolution of your custom brush?
Also, which operating system are you running?
Hi Dean, thanks for answer.

the brush is no longer than 200x200. my SO is windows 10. my tvp version its up to date (11.0.10).
I realize this problem happens with animation brushes. if its not animated the soft wont freeze.

Also, if I use the "grab tool" button wont freeze eather. the bug is with animation brushes on custom panels
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Could you package your custom panel of animbrushes into a .tvpx file and upload it for the TVPaint people to download and test??

Questions:
1.Does TVP lock up if you save the animbrush to an existing panel?
2.Your cursor is still active, so TVP isn't frozen, is it that you just cant load the new brush in the new panel, or can you not load any actrive tool from any panel?
3.If you cursor over the new tool and right click does it open the tool for editing?
4.Can you do any other operation like for instance right click on custom panel then delete it?
5.Does TVP only lock up if you try to save an animbrush to the new panel, but still let you save any other tool to the new panel.
6.What happens if you copy an existing animbrush the paste it into the new panel?
7.Previously, were you at one time able to create and save a custom animbrush in a new panel? Do you remember changing anything that caused the symptom you demonstrate in video?
sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
condepablo

Post by condepablo »

Svengali wrote: 15 Jun 2020, 22:20 Could you package your custom panel of animbrushes into a .tvpx file and upload it for the TVPaint people to download and test??

Questions:
1.Does TVP lock up if you save the animbrush to an existing panel?
2.Your cursor is still active, so TVP isn't frozen, is it that you just cant load the new brush in the new panel, or can you not load any actrive tool from any panel?
3.If you cursor over the new tool and right click does it open the tool for editing?
4.Can you do any other operation like for instance right click on custom panel then delete it?
5.Does TVP only lock up if you try to save an animbrush to the new panel, but still let you save any other tool to the new panel.
6.What happens if you copy an existing animbrush the paste it into the new panel?
7.Previously, were you at one time able to create and save a custom animbrush in a new panel? Do you remember changing anything that caused the symptom you demonstrate in video?
sven
Hi Svengali.
as you can see in the video i create the anim brush in the moment. to show its not with any specific anim brush.
you can create and save anim brush in custom panels?

1-TVP not lock up if I save the animbrush to an existing panel (the original ones). the problem is with new custom panel
2- My cursor is active but not tvp. i click everywhere and not respond. i have to force shutdown and re open tvp.
3,4,5- cant, the soft freeze completly
6- I can do it.
7- I remember be able to create and save custom animbrush in new panels. but I dont remember change anything, in fact I think i have this issue before the last update.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Well, I don't have a clue as to why saving a new brush locks TVPaint up...

Some things to try.
1. Create a new panel, exit and restart TVPaint, create animbrush and try to save it into the old-new panel.
2. Create animbrush, save into existing panel. Copy the brush button from the existing panel and try to save it in a new panel.
3. Is it only a new animbrush that causes the lockup. I mean can you save any-and-all other kinds of tools into the new panel?

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled TVPaint?

I'm out of ideas. Maybe someone from TVPaint staff can help.
Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
condepablo

Post by condepablo »

I Svengali. thanks for your interest.

1- still freezing
2- that i can do
3- only with animbrushes. i can save other kinds of tools

Its not a big deal. im just want to show this in case im not the only one
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

I was wondering, which version of TVPaint 11 are you running?
Probably a vampire
condepablo

Post by condepablo »

Dean wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 08:55 I was wondering, which version of TVPaint 11 are you running?
im using 11.0.10-64 bits. windows 10