Storyboards in TVP ver. 9.5

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
MartindeMadrid

Storyboards in TVP ver. 9.5

Post by MartindeMadrid »

I work on an old Pro version 9.5 of TVPaint and noticed when I saved (or maybe when I searched for the file?) the storyboard I made as a ".tvpp" file, the software mentioned the format ".tvps", a format for storyboards. However, I cannot find anything in the manual or on this board regarding this. Is this a "real thing"? If it is, how do I find out more about it? I am a professional artist who has done a wee bit of film work, including a storyboard for an indie project (on TB Storyboard). I LOVE my TVPaint, want to upgrade, and really want to use it for storyboarding. If my version has a storyboarding format/function I would use it!

BTW the detailed and patient way you answer queries is just another example of the quality of people you have working for you. I used to be a Phone Support Technician in Silicon Valley in the day, and I am awed by your support team! Need an experienced support person? Seriously!

Thank you in advance.
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: Storyboards in TVP ver. 9.5

Post by Thierry »

MartindeMadrid wrote: 19 Oct 2019, 23:41I work on an old Pro version 9.5 of TVPaint and noticed when I saved (or maybe when I searched for the file?) the storyboard I made as a ".tvpp" file, the software mentioned the format ".tvps", a format for storyboards. However, I cannot find anything in the manual or on this board regarding this. Is this a "real thing"? If it is, how do I find out more about it? I am a professional artist who has done a wee bit of film work, including a storyboard for an indie project (on TB Storyboard). I LOVE my TVPaint, want to upgrade, and really want to use it for storyboarding. If my version has a storyboarding format/function I would use it!

BTW the detailed and patient way you answer queries is just another example of the quality of people you have working for you. I used to be a Phone Support Technician in Silicon Valley in the day, and I am awed by your support team! Need an experienced support person? Seriously!

Thank you in advance.
Hello Martin,

I think that "tvps" is probably a typo from an old version.
TVPaint files are saved in the "tvpp" format (TVPaint Project) since TVPaint 9.5, when we revamped the "Project" tab to become a Storyboard management tool.
A "tvpp" file has all clips (storyboard) in it, whereas the old "tvp" file (pre 9.5) just had one clip.

So, if you have a Pro version of the software, you have access to the Storyboard tools :) (feel free to read the Storyboard chapter in the online doc, by going here)
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
daninski

Re: Storyboards in TVP ver. 9.5

Post by daninski »

I use the storyboard a lot, it's got a great workflow from storyboard through animatic and to animation.
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.