Loving Vincent - Oil painting

To talk about anything else
mox

Loving Vincent - Oil painting

Post by mox »

From the website http://lovingvincent.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :
"Loving Vincent will be the world's first feature-length painted animation. Every frame in the Loving Vincent movie is an oil painting on canvas, using the very same technique in which Vincent himself painted."
I'm quite puzzled about this project... I can't help thinking it's more about the techniques and "marketing stunt" than the movie itself. (stroking the chin mode)

Jerome Lorin
Moxica (playground)
(Win11/TVP 11.7.3-64 bits pro)
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Loving Vincent - Oil painting

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I think you are right. Advertising agencies are quickly turning it into a fad and have already approached us with inquiries. We turned them down. It's kitsch, plain and simple because it's still just rotoscoping and that will always smell of fake illusions, like big bands playing Beethoven.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

IMO, it's just to say "we did it" ... probably no real intention to create a story.
Fabrice Debarge
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

mox wrote: I'm quite puzzled about this project... I can't help thinking it's more about the techniques and "marketing stunt" than the movie itself. (stroking the chin mode)
There are many kinds of first impression about the trailer ...
In personaly I'm waitiong for play on screen and welcomed that if the movie become "The men in the canvas (32bit colors)" tell a tales of "The Van Gogh brothers beyond of the canvas (monochrome)" like a~ha "Take on me" (real world /color & cartoon world / monochrome).

Svengali

Re: Waking Life and A Scanner Darkly

Post by Svengali »

TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB