Samsung Tab S7 (S7+) Anyone using with TVPaint-Android?

To talk about anything else
Svengali

Samsung Tab S7 (S7+) Anyone using with TVPaint-Android?

Post by Svengali » 21 Sep 2020, 14:34

Specifically, I was wondering if the barrel switch on the stylus is "upper and lower" like the Wacom?
and if anyone has any other positive or negative reactions to TVPaint on this tablet?

sven
Desktop: tvp Pro 11.0.10-64bit, Win8.1 - 24GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.36-1
Android Tablet: release 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB internal - microSD 32GB

Sloppytoons

Re: Samsung Tab S7 (S7+) Anyone using with TVPaint-Android?

Post by Sloppytoons » 18 Dec 2020, 14:54

I've only used it on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 and now the Tab S6lite. Performance wise these do the job well enough. I can concept some ideas, rough out animatics (Or finish it if I'm in the zone on the couch) and clean up smaller gif animations. Anything else it goes onto the desktop.

My only main gripe is the UI icons are a bit too big, and the file explorer when opening old projects is too big and it goes off screen. Haven't been able to properly fix that, so maybe someone smarter can help?

So I would be weary with the smaller s7 as it isn't much bigger than my Tab s6 lite, But I think all my gripes would be answered on the bigger s7+.

One other thing to think of. The app only runs for a year, and you'll need to download it every year, and that update isn't guaranteed. The TVpaint crew has mentioned in a couple of posts that they recommend you don't buy an android tablet solely for TVpaint because they won't guarantee how long that will last. So you better also like Roughanimator (I do) if you want to use it beyond TVpaint.
My regular IG account: Sloppybunnytoons

Svengali

Post by Svengali » 19 Dec 2020, 00:18

Last week I picked up the Samsung S7+ Tablet... and today, installed TVPaint which looks fantastic on the display with Resolution 2 scaling.
To answer my own question, the switch on the stylus is still a single switch, not a rocker/double switch like I'm used to on the Wacom.
(I'm not surprised, as I had to adapt to the same restriction on my old Samsung Tablet and stylus).

Will post more later after I get properly configured for TVPaint on the S7+ Tablet.

sven
Desktop: tvp Pro 11.0.10-64bit, Win8.1 - 24GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.36-1
Android Tablet: release 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB internal - microSD 32GB

Xavier
Site Admin

Post by Xavier » 23 Dec 2020, 12:36

Nice :)
Short but strong