[Kickstarter] Boko Anana

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Elodie

[Kickstarter] Boko Anana

Post by Elodie »

A young team composed of ex-students from Gobelins are using a French crowd funding "Touscoprod" to raise funds for a short film.

http://www.touscoprod.com/fr/bokoanana" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't hesitate to help them :)
Paul Fierlinger

Re: [Kickstarter] Boko Anana

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Say what?! Raising money for a fake TV commercial? Tell me this ain't true...
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I guess I don't get it either.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Paul Fierlinger

What I see as fishy, is that one guy is a producer and the other is an assistant director and the pair are raising money to hire a talented designer, director, animators with all their inherent assistants and colorists to make a fake, very, very short film, which they already call a team of fresh graduates. If this team is for real, the last people they need to make a fake TV spot, is a producer and assistant director.

And here's another thing that bugs me: if the team is for real, the school has failed them in a big way, if all they can come up with for their first film is a fake candy commercial. This school needs to hire someone to teach students the importance of making films that are useful to the largest possible group of people.
Paul
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Paul, you are judging these 2 artists without knowing anything from them. :wink:

Jeremy Macedo and Franck Monier are not new comers in the animation industry. They both graduated 3 / 4 years ago. This advertising is not their first professional work, they already both worked on or directed short films (Jeremy Macedo directed "Polypous", for example)

Plus, they both know well NKI (previously called Akama) : they worked several time for them, on different projects (Polypous, but also "Tiji - Colours").

According to Jeremy, this fake commercial is about overconsumption. Too bad they did not explain it in their video or Pitch.
Paul Fierlinger

Paul, you are judging these 2 artists without knowing anything from them. :wink:
On the contrary Elodie. I am judging their presentation firstly by what I know from you:
A young team composed of ex-students from Gobelins are using a French crowd funding "Touscoprod" to raise funds for a short film.
and from what I have learned directly from them. What I don't know is anything about them which has nothing to do with my character, judgmental or benign. This is the information they have given me, combined with the information I have received from you.
According to Jeremy, this fake commercial is about overconsumption. Too bad they did not explain it in their video or Pitch.
Exactly! Consider my posts a well done job of a seasoned beta tester, here to merely judge their pitch. They have much to learn about self promotion and I am offering them this lesson selflessly, going out on a limb for them, the two characters about whom I know absolutely nothing :roll: but should know more. :)
Paul
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:On the contrary Elodie. I am judging their presentation firstly by what I know from you:
Elodier wrote:A young team composed of ex-students from Gobelins
Paul Fierlinger wrote:which they already call a team of fresh graduates.
Did I say they just freshly graduated ? :D

(But ok, for a seventy-years old, 3 or 4 years after school, it's fresh ! :mrgreen: )
if all they can come up with for their first film is a fake candy commercial
I didn't say it was their first film, you supposed it :]
Paul Fierlinger

I didn't say it was their first film, you supposed it :]
That's right. Anything I have to say within this thread is not a reflection of my opinion, only my impressions as a reflection of the nature of the information given me. You haven't even remarked on my impressions of the school of which I also know nothing. To reach for hype as a first tool of advertising is too easy but also somewhat dangerous (or at least tricky) business. BTW I'll break my own rule and actually offer a sample of my opinion: I don't like kickstarters. :mrgreen:
Paul
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You haven't even remarked on my impressions of the school of which I also know nothing.
I have, but as I don't know the school "as a student" and what kind of lesson they have, I haven't said anything (you could be right after all :mrgreen: )
Paul Fierlinger wrote: I don't like kickstarters.
I agree with you concerning this point :roll:

But if it may help someone, I don't mind to share links, at least.
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

As someone who doesn't know these guys and only knows what you have written and what they told us in the video, I got the same impression as Paul. I guess it's too late to change something about it, but it would be helpful to know it's a short film about overconsumption and not some fake commercial to attract the attention of potential clients.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM