Ponyo Running - Rotoscoped Fan Animation

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
musicalbenj

Ponyo Running - Rotoscoped Fan Animation

Post by musicalbenj »

Hey guys,

This is my first time posting in the forum. I rotoscoped this scene from the Studio Ghibli film Ponyo to familiarize myself with TVPaint's interface & tools and to study Miyazaki's style up close.

I originally intended to work in HD but made a mistake at the import stage. When I realised I figured I might as well finish it off :)

I know there's no original art here as such but I really enjoy rotoscoping and I'll hopefully do some original animation in the future. I hope you like it :)
idragosani

Re: Ponyo Running - Rotoscoped Fan Animation

Post by idragosani »

To be accurate with terminology, rotoscoping means tracing over live action, not previously existing animation.

Let's see some original stuff now!
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
musicalbenj

Re: Ponyo Running - Rotoscoped Fan Animation

Post by musicalbenj »

idragosani wrote:To be accurate with terminology, rotoscoping means tracing over live action, not previously existing animation.

Let's see some original stuff now!
Fair point. It was the closest term I knew to describe what I've been doing :) My final year project & dissertation was focussed on rotoscoping so I'm fairly familiar with the term (18000 words worth in fact!) :)

I'm working on a similar Adventure Time fan animation at the moment. After that I'll try something original ;)