Squishy and the Fat man

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
MatthewTardiff

Squishy and the Fat man

Post by MatthewTardiff »

Squishy.mov
(6.24 MiB) Downloaded 1443 times
This is a fun little animation using the ol' paper and disc method :D I used tvPaint to shoot and edit the images using an HD Webcam and a pretty janky set up.
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Squishy and the Fat man

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

i like this type of animation a lot because so much good acting can be achieved with so few lines; always 2D animation at its best and you did it with just the right touch. Was there a particular reason for using paper & pencil or does your explanation that you "shot" it with TVP answer my question?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

I liked the small clip. Although a little overacting, but it worked for me because this is obvious fun stuff and I think it doesn't claim to be more - simple as that.

BTW, just noticed it - why is "Made with TVPaint" -> Off-Topic. Hm.

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Klaus Hoefs wrote: BTW, just noticed it - why is "Made with TVPaint" -> Off-Topic. Hm.
I think if pencil drawings are scanned or video captured to TVPaint for compositing/finishing it still counts as "Made With TVPaint" .
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

D.T. Nethery wrote:
Klaus Hoefs wrote: BTW, just noticed it - why is "Made with TVPaint" -> Off-Topic. Hm.
I think if pencil drawings are scanned or video captured to TVPaint for compositing/finishing it still counts as "Made With TVPaint" .

I think Klaus is wondering why the Made with TVPaint topic is in the "Off topic" sub-forum .

In fact, you'll notice that the "Off-topic" includes all topics which are not related to the TVPaint products' support :)
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

Sorry, you got me wrong.
I wondered because of putting "films made with TVPaint" ( wips, made by members or non-members...) to Off-Topic-section in general. Sounds like animations/wips are now of minor matter. But puts light in the house.

Always thought that one could learn from advise/critics as well as from tech-help (at least).

Post by Elodie »

No, animation and WIPs are not minor matter (clearly not : we are always so glad to watch TVPaint users' animations !). But the forum is mainly here to support TVPaint users, answer their question, note their request, know their opinion, etc...
It's already a lot of time spent, just for the support.

If we had to manage the forum as a big gallery, I would be afraid that some non-TVPaint users would use the TVPaint forum as any other forum for animation and paintings.
Don't forget that we are also the admin and moderators on the forum : we follow all subjects, read all posts, watch all contents, kick out all bots and spammers, etc... Managing a forum (whatever the content or the subject) is time eager. Managing a forum / gallery would be just impossible.

Moreover, don't forget that during many years, until some months ago, animations and illustrations got their own big sub-forum. But finally, as there were not so many posts or topics, I decided to merge everything and put them in the off topic sub-forum, in order to keep the forum clearer and more accessible for support.

You'll notice that the part about CV and jobs are also in the off topic sub-forum, while all of them concerns jobs using TVPaint Animation :)
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

To be honest, this sounds contradictory.
On one side you're always so glad to watch users' animations and how important they are, but then you're saying that it is too much to spend time on.

And it's true, there were not too much critics, but I see this as a process of unfortunate care of the Topics ("animation" and "drawing"). Imo it doesn't make sense to spend applause and nothing else, when it would be better to work out the weak points of somebody's clip - because it has effects on the culture of discussions. In the end everybody is silent, just because everything is "cute", "nice" and "well-done". That's were we are.
Of course it is up to you to let fall Main-Topics down or to merge it down for whatever reason.
But why to come here anymore if you don't have a tech-question ?

Post by Elodie »

Looks like I didn't express myself properly. I have edited my previous post.

I also changed the title of the sub forum, so you won't be shocked anymore of having the "Made with TVPaint" part in an "off topic" sub-forum. :roll:
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Much better listing. A small suggestion: you can drop "the" and keep: "Around TVPaint's Community", especially since it is the name of a heading.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Ok done :)
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Klaus Hoefs wrote:Sorry, you got me wrong.
I wondered because of putting "films made with TVPaint" ( wips, made by members or non-members...) to Off-Topic-section in general. Sounds like animations/wips are now of minor matter. But puts light in the house.

Always thought that one could learn from advise/critics as well as from tech-help (at least).

Yes, I misunderstood what you were saying . Sorry about that.