Sheeped Away, my graduation short

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Junaid

Sheeped Away, my graduation short

Post by Junaid »

I just finished my short 'Sheeped Away'
Forum regular and teacher at my school Peter Wassink was my mentor during the making of the film.
The film can be viewed here :

Let me know what you think!
Sheeped Away tells the tale of a farmer who just wants to be with his beloved sheep. When a giant UFO enters his life to claim his sheep, what will he do to keep them safe from harm? And can he do this without waking his monstrous wife?

The whole point of making “Sheeped Away” was to make a tribute of sorts, to the old American cartoons I grew up with. They were not necessarily made for children but neither were they unwatchable for them. I wanted to make something just like that; something for both adults and kids. And adult kids like me.
www.imaJunation.com
imajunationblog.blogspot.com
User767

Re: Sheeped Away, my graduation short

Post by User767 »

That was cute. I liked it. Everything worked fairly well. Nice outcome too.
>formerly User 767: "It seems your login has been deleted. Your login being a little strange, maybe you have written a strange post and we thought your were a bot."
Heaven forbid that an animator might be 'strange'
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Congrats Junaid !

It's a great piece of work. I laughed a lot and find it very well animated ! :D

Is it full TVPaint ?
Eric Scholl

Post by Eric Scholl »

I really like it ! It's so funny ! I laughed from start to end !

Really good job :D
Junaid

Post by Junaid »

@Elodie

Animation, clean-up and color were done in TvPaint.
Special Effects and compositing in Eyeon Fusion.

Glad you like the film :)
www.imaJunation.com
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

The film is a good effort and well carried out. All of its production aspects are also professionally carried out, which is quite an achievement to be proud of for a student film.
I do think though that i'm personally tired of this style of design by now. Ever since Ren and Stimpy we haven't stopped seeing this style. You certainly mentioned that you intended a homage to the styles of animation you grew up on, but we've seen that kind of nod through and through during the last decade. And the original style you refer to in itself is a nod to earlier styles from the mid-century.
Regardless, I'm positive this flic will get you the jobs that you'd want as it showcases good skills.
Junaid

Post by Junaid »

Thanks for your kind words and feedback!
I do agree with you about the style. If I had more time, I would have done more research for the character designs.
www.imaJunation.com
v.veidt

Post by v.veidt »

Thank you for sharing this, it's one of the most impressive graduation films I've seen, save the spectacular works coming out of Gobelins. You should be proud of yourself.
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

I really enjoy this one that respect for abductive reasoning by gray (or woolen) mutant movie.
The farmer has to named Sōkratēs and his wife named Xanthippe, aren't them ? :mrgreen:

I am not able to understand say in the Netherlands language, however this story's plot is well structured.
The farmer become happy end.

Nice works ( ´∀`) b.
Eric Scholl

Post by Eric Scholl »

ten_zero wrote:The farmer has to named Sōkratēs and his wife named Xanthippe, aren't them ? :mrgreen:
I like the comparison :p
ten_zero wrote:( ´∀`) b
And the smiley too ! ^^
goomba478

Post by goomba478 »

This is one of my favorite shorts I've watched in a LONG time and I really enjoyed it. The perfect mix of cute, funny and happy and the ending was an unexpected twist to boot. The fact that it's well animated, stylized, beautifully colored and consistent is really impressive. My hats off to you ^_^. Is it too early to have a "Sheeped Away" TV show? If it happens, consider me in!