Easy break out of Infinite Loop?

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Svengali

Easy break out of Infinite Loop?

Post by Svengali »

I wonder if there might not be a way to allow users to break out of an "Infinite Loop" (white screen)... maybe some emergency key combination like Control+Alt+Escape?

When developing a script, on many occasions I've accidentally set a conditional loop that never becomes true (never exits)... or used a loop value so large I finally have to use the Task Manager to quit TVPaint. Infinite Loop (white screen) is especially frustrating if it happens before hours of work can be saved...

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Peter Wassink

Re: Easy break out of Infinite Loop?

Post by Peter Wassink »

YEs, not sure if i'm hijacking this request.

but a similar problem goes when loading a range of files.
recently i dragged a collection of png's, a numbered sequence of 40 frames, into tvpaint.
and tvpaint after loading the sequence was finished ...a new loadpanel popped up for the second frame and after the sequence loaded a second time a new panel popped up...
and so on
40 times without option to escape!
i had to click cancel 40 times!
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Xavier

Re: Easy break out of Infinite Loop?

Post by Xavier »

When loading a video file you can hit escape to interrupt the loading (yes I agree that it does not always work and it's not immediate anyway).

When running a script I'm not sure, but indeed it could be an improvement. At the very least for these two operations.