Extended playback

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
slowtiger

Extended playback

Post by slowtiger »

This morning TVP user Anita Bruneburg posted: (https://twitter.com/bruneburg/status/12 ... 8281131008)
That one file has like 6-7 different shots in it. About 40 seconds of animation. And its all in the same clip too.
Brcause being able to view several clips after each other is one thing only Premium does and premium is not what I have.
Which gets me an idea.
How about a way to chain up a list of projects/clips and then be able to play them back in sequence no matter in how many different projects they are stored?

On the UI level it would need an additional playback setting / playback mode. Settings would be "plus 1 clip before and after/ plus n clips before and after / 30 sec before and after".
Error "you haven't defined a play list yet". "Define play list": "add project". (delete, sort.) NIce to have: to incorporate video files as well.

What I like about this: no need to blow up projects just for the sake of continuity. Ability to work in an animatic with rendered sequences which are not imported.

Of course this opens a brand new Pandora's Box of dependencies. But I think bigger productions might like this a lot. As far as I know no system offers the ability to watch scenes in sequence directly from the animation program, without rendering evering to video first.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Extended playback

Post by Dean »

Hello Slowtiger,
So being able to select clips across different shots and even projects to create a "playlist"?
This is a great idea, I am no developer but from a user standpoint this would be quite the time saver.
Probably a vampire
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Oh wow I would love this happen. Usually I don't use the "clip" feature a lot (mostly for animatics) since I get huge files, which are no fun to work with. The only times I really use it is if I need to check if the edit works, in this case I sometimes work on two shots in one file.
Would be great to create such a playlist or even to export and import clips from other projects (or is this already possible?)
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
2dbert

Post by 2dbert »

+1 this would be great indeed
Mac OSX Version 10.9 - 2GHz Intel Core 64(? I think so at least)bit - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Yiynova MSP19U
TvPaint Animation 11.0.6 Pro
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

I will see with the devs if this could be done using v11's engine. If not, this is still a great idea for the next major version :)
Probably a vampire