dragging/pasting images into TVP

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
slowtiger

dragging/pasting images into TVP

Post by slowtiger »

If this is already possible: https://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic ... 91#p120458, I wonder why it's not made part of normal behaviour of TVP.

1. While an existing project is open, it should be possible to paste any image from clipboard.
2. It would be so nice to be able to drag one ore more selected images from the desktop and get them pasted into the top open TVP project.

And while we're at it: it would be nice to have TVP check a selected range of images before importing for dimensions, determine the largest value in each dimension, and create a new project with these, or, in case of importing into an open project, give a warning ich (and maybe which) images exceed the project's dimensions.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Xavier

Re: dragging/pasting images into TVP

Post by Xavier »

We improved the behaviour in the version to come. Yet the clipboard that manages the drawing data and the clipboard that manages the picture data from the outside can hardly be mixed.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Make an action button with this command:
tv_BrushFromClipboard

clicking the button will create a cutbrush from the image in the system clipboard which, like any cutbrush, can be scaled, rotated and of course, stamped.

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Xavier wrote: 29 Aug 2020, 23:55 We improved the behaviour in the version to come. Yet the clipboard that manages the drawing data and the clipboard that manages the picture data from the outside can hardly be mixed.
That sounds promising. Are you talking about something like a 11.5 ?
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

So a 11.5 it was :)

The difficulty is to detect where to paste the content of your clipboard, and into which kind of object. I hope the Edit menu is a bit easier to understand now.
I'd be interested to get your feedbacks !
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Xavier wrote: 02 Dec 2020, 00:35 hope the Edit menu is a bit easier to understand now.
I'd be interested to get your feedbacks !
I think the Edit > Clipboard > Paste Image works well. As does Copy Image (from TVPaint) to clipboard , which may then be pasted to another application such as Photoshop or Sketchbook, etc.

The only thing that could be better about Paste Image from clipboard (to TVPaint) was if it would constrain an oversize image into the size of the project. For example , if my TVPaint Project is 1920 x 1080 , but the image copied to my clipboard is 3000 x 1400, when I paste it in to TVPaint the image is cropped . On the other hand , if I use the normal Open/Import function from the File menu , an oversize image imported into a layer will be scaled so it fits inside the TVPaint project size. It would be useful if Paste Image (from clipboard) would behave the same way as Open/Import to resize the image to fit inside the project size.

Thinking about Copy/Paste of images , it would be useful if the clipboard behavior would also apply to images copied from the Image Library , so when I'm in the Image Library if I right-click on an image and choose Copy , then I could go to Photoshop and Paste the copied image to Photoshop or vice versa , copy an image from Photoshop and then Paste the image into the Image Library in TVPaint.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1