notes or bookmarks in the timeline view

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
ChristopherC

notes or bookmarks in the timeline view

Post by ChristopherC »

Hey all :D

when making a storyboard with a soundtrack, it would be great to have the ability to add notes or bookmark points on the soundtrack, in the same way you can within an individual clip. what do you guys think? Or is there a way of marking specific points on a soundtrack in the project window that i don't already know about? haha
D.T. Nethery

Re: notes or bookmarks in the timeline view

Post by D.T. Nethery »

ChristopherC wrote: 13 Mar 2020, 07:37 when making a storyboard with a soundtrack, it would be great to have the ability to add notes or bookmark points on the soundtrack, in the same way you can within an individual clip. what do you guys think? Or is there a way of marking specific points on a soundtrack in the project window that i don't already know about? haha
The only thing I know for notating directly on the soundtrack is the Annotation function. You can double-click at a certain point on the soundtrack and add a note.
Annotate on Soundtrack.jpg
Annotate on Soundtrack.jpg (75.07 KiB) Viewed 7439 times

But for adding notes about the sound (such as dialogue track breakdown) I would tend to use the Timeline Notes function, covered here in the user manual:

https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... ment-notes

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1