Suggestion: More Accurate Wet Profile and Other Profiles when Tweaking

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
TheQuestionMark

Suggestion: More Accurate Wet Profile and Other Profiles when Tweaking

Post by TheQuestionMark »

I was wondering if you can add measurement coordinates on the wet profile or the other profiles to make it less subjective when tweaking it. Like you can see the number to 1 to 1000, 1 to 10,000, or 1 to 100 or any number, or if you want, make it have decimals for the coordinates.

Also can add movement incremental button when selecting a point on the wet profile I found I have to guess and can never get the same look on my strokes. Left, Right, Up, Down and Diagonal. And is it possible to have a "don't move button by mouse" and selection toggle, I have habit of moving the point just by selecting. Also add the option to input the amount of increment you want to move.

Here's a Diagram.

Windows 10 64-Bit TvPaint Professional 11.5.3 (64-Bit)
schwarzgrau

Re: Suggestion: More Accurate Wet Profile and Other Profiles when Tweaking

Post by schwarzgrau »

Thats a really nice idea. I also felt the need to adjust the curves more precisely.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

One could make a simple Button/Script that would read the current brush's WetProfile, let the user edit-tweak or add more values, then install the new values to the WetProfile for the brush.

Here is a simple embedded script that will read and display a brush's current WetProfile settings:

Code: Select all

tv_BrushRestore WetProfile
parse result d CurrentWetProfile
tv_warn "the current wetprofile = " CurrentWetProfile
In the resulting displayed numbers, the first number tells how many points, the second number tell which point is current selected, the third number 0/1/2(spline, linear, Poly) is type of interpolation and the rest of the numbers are X,Y pairs representing where each point is located.

For more information check out the Documentation for GEORGE HERE: Look in Chapter 21 "The advanced functions of TVPaint animation, How to use the "George" scripting language, Instructions and Commands " search for WetProfile which will be under the tv_BrushRestore command and the tv_RestoreBrush command details...

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
TheQuestionMark

Svengali wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 17:59 One could make a simple Button/Script that would read the current brush's WetProfile, let the user edit-tweak or add more values, then install the new values to the WetProfile for the brush.

Here is a simple embedded script that will read and display a brush's current WetProfile settings:

Code: Select all

tv_BrushRestore WetProfile
parse result d CurrentWetProfile
tv_warn "the current wetprofile = " CurrentWetProfile
In the resulting displayed numbers, the first number tells how many points, the second number tell which point is current selected, the third number 0/1/2(spline, linear, Poly) is type of interpolation and the rest of the numbers are X,Y pairs representing where each point is located.

For more information check out the Documentation for GEORGE HERE: Look in Chapter 21 "The advanced functions of TVPaint animation, How to use the "George" scripting language, Instructions and Commands " search for WetProfile which will be under the tv_BrushRestore command and the tv_RestoreBrush command details...

Sven

Hmmmm I tried the command it doesn't seem friendly if you have tons of points on your wet profile, I have like 30 points. It looks gibberish, and it's difficulty to pin point the point of where you're looking for with that command.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

30 points? wow. That must take a while. Can you post a screen shot of what that looks like?

Actually, the 3 line script was simply to show that the WetProfile curve points were accessible. The script to let you interactively modify values would take a few more lines... Maybe someone who scripts in GEORGE and regularly uses complicated curves like yours will volunteer to help.

Or maybe the TVP programmers will have a couple of extra hours to add the modifications you suggest to the next release. :)

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
TheQuestionMark

Svengali wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 14:39 30 points? wow. That must take a while. Can you post a screen shot of what that looks like?

Actually, the 3 line script was simply to show that the WetProfile curve points were accessible. The script to let you interactively modify values would take a few more lines... Maybe someone who scripts in GEORGE and regularly uses complicated curves like yours will volunteer to help.

Or maybe the TVP programmers will have a couple of extra hours to add the modifications you suggest to the next release. :)

Sven
Here it is.. as you can see when you use that command the point information they are off screen. I can't see the information on the points anymore on my screen as it goes off, and I set my monitor to portrait mode with my 4K monitor.

Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Some version of this points editor interface might do the trick, but 30 points could take a while :D
WetProfile points editor.png
WetProfile points editor.png (54.99 KiB) Viewed 20109 times
Other GEORGE script variations would permit precise editing of curve points (CSize, CJitter, CAngle, CShift, CSmear).

A similar points editor option for the FX Speed Profile would be useful, as well...
Sven