Licence Issue

You got a problem with Mirage or Aura ? Tell us here.
ArgyleMongol

Licence Issue

Post by ArgyleMongol »

Help!

I've got a Windows 7, 64-bit system, and my issue is with Mirage Studio 1.5. I purchased an educational copy in about 2005 (good grief, I was in Middle School), and for a long and complicated list of reasons was never able to use it, much less install and license it. I understand that a great deal has changed since then, including the fact that Bauhaus Software does not seem to exist in any form now, but is all lost?

I'm a college sophomore now (so, still a student, as it were), and I am in the process of setting up my new computer. I found my copy of Mirage 1.5 the other day, and I would really like to license it for more than the 30 day period it insists on now. I've got it all installed, it runs fine (updated the drivers, etc.), but now that there is no support for the program, how can I prevent it from locking me out in a month's time? As film/animation student in college now, I'd really like to use this software without having to purchase anything else. And given that I did pay for it all properly back in the day, I think that I should be able to get a license, no? How does the licensing even work now, under TVPaint?

Anything you can pass along is highly appreciated.
idragosani

Re: Licence Issue

Post by idragosani »

You should have gotten a USB Dongle with your Mirage software. Without that dongle you won't be able to run the licensed version of Mirage. I started out with Mirage, too, and have since upgraded to TVPaint and still use the same old Mirage dongle (on Linux, even).
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

ArgyleMongol wrote:... As film/animation student in college now, I'd really like to use this software without having to purchase anything else.
honnestly, using now a 8 years old software today isn't a good plan,
if you're seriously thinking of working in Animation, go ahead and upgrade to the actual technology,
the tvpaint educ licence is very affordable, and regarding all the new features implemented since the Mirage days, I bet you won't regreat it .
my 2 cts.
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Hello ArgyleMongol, and welcome to the TVPaint forums :)

Concerning your issue with Mirage, I am sorry to say that we cannot give codes for Mirage, as it is written on our F.A.Q. here :
I've lost my Mirage codes, can you send them?
We are sorry, we cannot provide Mirage codes anymore.
I would advise you to look for your USB Dongle that came when you bought Mirage. It is the only way you will be able to run the software, as idragosini said.
However, if you happen to have lost it, your only option is to buy an Educationnal License.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
ArgyleMongol

Re: License Issue

Post by ArgyleMongol »

Thanks for the replies.

I do have the dongle and I can use it no problem. My only concern was that I still kept getting messages saying that I had "X days" until my license ran out. I do understand that the software is outmoded, but at this point I cannot afford to buy anything else. I work primarily in film, but recently became interested in returning to animation.

Thanks again for your help.