Where are the video tutorials for Mirage?

You got a problem with Mirage or Aura ? Tell us here.
JM07

Where are the video tutorials for Mirage?

Post by JM07 »

I was told that it was a "matter of days", when these tutorials would be posted. That was a couple of months ago. Where are they?

JM07
Elodie

Re: Where are the video tutorials for Mirage?

Post by Elodie »

There is no specific tutorials to Mirage. But Mirage and TVP are more or less similar, so I suggest you to see TVP Tutorials here :

HTML tutorials

10 seconds video tutorails

10 minutes video tutorials

After all, if you've got some questions, we are here to answer you ^^
JM07

Post by JM07 »

Thanks for the info. However, I was also awaiting a supposed, how to make a background that you can pan with Mirage tutorial. Not there. Not sure how much TVPaint tutorials would work with Mirage, however. Attempts to help me through postings, only caused more questions. Unfortunately.

JM07
mox

Post by mox »

Don't forget, there are manuals available right here too :wink:
Jerome Lorin
Moxica (playground)
(Win11/TVP 11.7.1-64 bits pro)
JM07

Post by JM07 »

I bet you that when I figure out how to create a background in Mirage, that I can pan with, I can make a how to video on how to do it that'll make everyone who lamely tried to help me look like .geekazoids.
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

meanwhile, haven't you try a "search" in this forum ?
to move a BG, the process, if not illustrated, have been explained several times I think,
... here :
http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic. ... pan#p18278

and also that (somewhere else), with more details :
malcooning wrote:To have a moving backgound:

1. create the image for the background:
It needs to bigger than the animation project. How much movement you want, and how quickly, should determine how large the background image should be. For now, let's say that you want you animation 500x500 pixels. Make a bakground, say, 500px high and 1000px wide. Draw you background image. Save your background image, give it a name.

2. Create a new project, size 500x500.

3. Open the FX panel, and choose Add FX>Motion>KeyFramer. Select the Render tab. In the Source tab select Project list> and then your backround project file.

4. You should now see a your background image in your project. Notice it is placed at 100%, so it is bigger than the current project size. Grab the center of it and drag it to the side, so what you'll see in the animation are should be the beginning of the scroll.

5. since you're interested in a scroll, the only parameter to be changed here is the X axis values. Make sure the cursor in the Timeline Panel is at the first frame, select the Position tab in the Keyframer Panel, and click on the C button next to the topmost X value. It should light on. This means you've just placed a keyframe for the position X value at the current frame. Select the last frame in the Timline Panel. Drage the center of the background image to it's other end of the scroll, and the keyframe should be added automatically (it should be lit).

5. Now you've set a keyframe at the first frame, and a keyframe at the last. If you drag the cursor you should see the in-between states of the scroll. Now you have to apply the move: select all frames in the timeline (double click the layer area under the timeline), it should all be selected with yellow. Hit the Apply Now button at the FX Panel. Now it shold apply the scroll.
mox

Post by mox »

Maybe if you were a little bit less grumpy... Looking forward to seeing your video :)
Jerome Lorin
Moxica (playground)
(Win11/TVP 11.7.1-64 bits pro)
rawhead

Post by rawhead »

Try http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.bauhaussoftware.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems video tutorials didn´t are there, but i still could download some pdf tutorials, when test little bit :)
Markus
ihanna

Post by ihanna »

Elodie wrote:I may be wrong, but I don't think there is any specific tutorials on the website. However, if you need it, Mirage and TVP are more or less similar, so I suggest you to see TVP Tutorials here :

HTML tutorials

10 seconds video tutorails

10 minutes video tutorials

After all, if you've got some questions, we are here to answer you ^^
The article you posted cannot be found dude. Can you give me a new/refreshed ones? I want to learn how to delete backgrounds from mirage too. I am getting really irritated by being so newbie in this app. Please give me a link for step by step instruction to be pro here. Please help me. Thanks.
Last edited by ihanna on 11 Jul 2012, 05:01, edited 2 times in total.
People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily. —Zig Ziglar
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

ihanna wrote: The article you posted cannot be found dude. Can you give me a new/refreshed ones? I want to learn how to delete backgrounds from mirage too. I am getting really irritated by being so newbie in this app. Please give me a link for step by step instruction to be pro here. Please help me. Thanks.
All of those videos are still working. What specifically are you trying to do with "deleting backgrounds"? Mirage is the equivalent of TVPaint 7 (now discontinued), so a lot of the documentation available for TVPaint should still apply, although there is a lot of functionality now available that wasn't available in Mirage
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX