Blur brushes? Topic is solved

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
Sewie

Blur brushes?

Post by Sewie »

Dear TVP friends,

Are there any custom brushes that can simulate blurs? Or does anyone know how to make one?
So that instead of applying a blur from the fx stack one could paint an out of focus blur into the image? I'm looking for a brush that can simulate any of the median, motion, radial or Gaussian blurs.

I know about the different smear brushes and the 'drop' brush (icon = a drop of water in the Tool Presets panel) but that's not what I'm looking for.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Svengali

Re: Blur brushes?

Post by Svengali »

Sewie,

One thing to try... download this old TVPX which lets you
(a) apply FX to the current frame, blurs for example, and automatically copy the result to the spare buffer, then return to the original current frame in its original state.
(b) use a merge brush to "paint on" the blurred areas, stroke by stroke.

I haven't tested the button set recently, but it should work in TVP 11.
Tested and works... AND, this will work with many other FX as well...

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

This is fantastic. Thanks, Sven.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Here is a concept brush I made that blurs with texture using the deformation brush, don't know if it fits what you want to do. You can create some nice different effects by changing the paper :) if you change the mode of the brush to opne of the 3 first modes, you get kind of a way to blur things without texture
OTANO Grainy Smear.tvpx
(83 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.