Half-Erase (50% Opacity) - Red/Green/Blue/Black/All

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
meslin

Half-Erase (50% Opacity) - Red/Green/Blue/Black/All

Post by meslin »

I noticed that there are a couple of requests for erasing half of the opacity of a channel.
Some scripts distort the resulting blue toward green. I addressed this by adjusting the tv_pixelmatrix to be .5 for the color channel being reduced.
This means reducing the blue by half would be "tv_pixelmatrix 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 .5 0 0 0 0 -0.5 1 0" - This seems to give a balanced color result in my tests with some rainbow gradients.
HalfErase.png
HalfErase.png (73.85 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
If you push it about 5-6 times it totally eliminates the channel's presence (remember, half of half is not zero). Give it a shot, improve it, whatever!

Thanks,
David
Attachments
HalfErase.tvpx
(279 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
meslin

Re: Half-Erase (50% Opacity) - Red/Green/Blue/Black/All

Post by meslin »

Oh - I couldn't figure out how to remove 50% of the white without altering the color...maybe someone can help with that...
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

That's sooo nice, thanks! :)
Maybe you can try to attenuate the whole alpha then get back the alpha with another pixelmatric on colors alpha?
Also I'd stack multiple pixelmatric buttons to be sure to kill an alpha with one button, depending on people's need to attenuate or remove a color.

I have some related scripts here that can help other people : http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9927
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
meslin

Post by meslin »

Knew you'd come through Nathan! :mrgreen: Thanks for suggestions, I'll try more stuff today...
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

héhé, always here :mrgreen:
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

hehe is héhé some french laughter?
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Exactly : )
Btw my idea was not working : (
Working on Windows 10
juansolimar

Post by juansolimar »

this is perfect! thanks a lot! :D