El Capitan

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Robobob

El Capitan

Post by Robobob »

I was wondering if there's anyone who's tested Tvpaints behaviour yet on the new El Capitan OS for mac. I'm using Tvpaint 10.5.7 on a Macmini running Mavericks and i've been waiting to upgrade. I read there's been a lot of problems with Yosemite and I can't afford to loose time at the moment so thought better check!
Thanks!
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: El Capitan

Post by Thierry »

Robobob wrote:I was wondering if there's anyone who's tested Tvpaints behaviour yet on the new El Capitan OS for mac. I'm using Tvpaint 10.5.7 on a Macmini running Mavericks and i've been waiting to upgrade. I read there's been a lot of problems with Yosemite and I can't afford to loose time at the moment so thought better check!
Thanks!
To be honest, you should stay on Mavericks for now, until we will run some proper tests with El Capitan next week.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

Robobob wrote:I can't afford to loose time at the moment
Then don't even think about upgrading....
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/72 ... 5&tstart=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/09/30 ... d-to-know/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
Robobob

Post by Robobob »

Ok very clear thanks! Ill hold out on upgrading until i read the results of your tests.
furushil

Post by furushil »

Thierry wrote:To be honest, you should stay on Mavericks for now, until we will run some proper tests with El Capitan next week.
Thierry, did you encounter any problems so far?
MAC OS 12.6.2 - TVpaint 11.7.1 PRO 64bit, Wacom Intuos Pro
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

No, I haven't discovered anything problematic (yet).

However I have some updates regarding this bug (loss of quality when not drawing in fullscreen mode) that I am going to share on the dedicated topic :)
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
furushil

Post by furushil »

Ok thank you, I'm going to update then.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Little note : since I upgraded El Capitan, my Mac Book Pro is noisy like a vacuum cleaner. That's quite annoying...
furushil

Post by furushil »

I updated to OSX 10.11 now.
The first thing I noticed is that every time I quit TVPaint, it crashes and OSX gives me a crash report.
This is bad because I cannot save any new brushes. The crash prevents TVPaint from saving the brushes at the end.
Other than that it seems to work fine so far.

Edit: When I am in fullscreen mode and quit TVPaint, it crashes but when I am not in fullscreen mode it quits normally without crashing.

I also downloaded the newest Wacom drivers. The tablet also works fine but I think the brush lag is a little bit worse than before. I experienced this in every OSX version so it is probably not related to 10.11 El Capitan.
Since I already got used to it, it is not a big deal for me but if anybody knows how to fix it please let me know (see video below).

In this video line smoothing is not activated:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cbnz5m4xf2ed ... 0.mov?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

I also downloaded the newest Wacom drivers. The tablet also works fine but I think the brush lag is a little bit worse than before. I experienced this in every OSX version so it is probably not related to 10.11 El Capitan.
Since I already got used to it, it is not a big deal for me but if anybody knows how to fix it please let me know (see video below).
have you checked this topic : http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php? ... 223#p86886" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?
Fabrice Debarge
furushil

Post by furushil »

Fabrice wrote:have you checked this topic : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9223#p86886 ?
I made another test and now I think my problem is not Wacom related at all. When I draw long lines fast, the line cannot quite catch up with the cursor while drawing.
But as I said it was always like that. It does not happen in Photoshop though. I don't have any other program to test it.

There is actually a noticeable difference between TVPaint 11.0.2 Pro 32bit and TVPaint 11.0.2 Pro 64bit. In the 32 bit version the stroke catches up with the cursor but in the 64 bit version it doesn't.

I have created a new topic for this issue here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9427" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

"Back to OS 10.9.5 Marvericks", the answer for a while.

"El Capitan" has too much trouble and vain edition :
  • Flat but not distinct & contrast UI design ( look at grayscale mode )
  • "Shake mouse to find mouse pointer" preset function become conflict with Wacom "not perfect yet" tablet driver
  • Deny for support Microsoft hardware ( or other peripheral equipment )
    - for 149,00 € / £109.00 / ¥14,800 / $129.00 "aluminium slate" genuine products
  • Incomprehensible change for some Kanji language's system font ( means "character code & font-face culture's gap" )
  • CPU burner ( poor my Mac mini ! )
  • the worst kana-kanji Imput method with "wrong prodict auto convert" function
    - imagine "completely wrong" forced auto correct / diacritical mark / spell checker" for your Latin alphabet language
  • "Photos" - the end of "Aperture"
  • Crushed on my native language's DTP "vertical writing" software and character code - welcome to garbling world
  • Final edition for working with Adobe CS4 - CS6 products - the end of Apple JAVA VM maintenance support
  • More carefuly selected movie export format by Apple farm ; none live without QuickTime 7 Pro license
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

This is a shame from Apple regarding the wya they manage kanjis !

I also noticed few weird behaviours on Capitan (my mouse was gone when I started my Mac this morning and when I make right clicks, the contextual menu has weird glitches when I move the cursor... :| )

Furshil : I don't have such crashes ! I assume your config crashes once and now, each time you close TVPaint, it continues to crash.
furushil

Post by furushil »

Elodie wrote:Furshil : I don't have such crashes ! I assume your config crashes once and now, each time you close TVPaint, it continues to crash.
Is there a way to solve this? I created a new config but the crash still happens.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

any error report from Apple ?
Fabrice Debarge