Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
condepablo

Re: Is there a flipbook shortcut key?

Post by condepablo »

Thanks Hironori! that was what i was looking for! :D
condepablo

Post by condepablo »

I realize that the flip has a flips/sec. it would be really usefull have the option to link the flips/sec with the frame rate on the remote control.

I also realize that if i keep pressing the flip button, when i let it go, it still fliping for a while.

I was thinking, maybe an action button to automaticly set mark in and mark out 15 frames pre and post my current frame and play it. i supose this has to be done with george script. does nayone know some tutorial about it? i have no idea on scripts.
Hironori Takagi

Post by Hironori Takagi »

The main use of flip in Japan is "Flip manually". Send instances forward and back rather than play to determine if the continuity of the picture is correct.
The shortcut of "Play (space key)" is "Repeat from current frame to out point".
"In-Out repeat playback" is not have short-cut command, that is improvement point.
I can create a George Script that sets In and Out from the Current Frame to a specific (eg 15) frame, but it is not valid for the reasons mentioned above.
TVPaint 11.7.2(Nov 14 2023), Windows11 Pro, HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx / TVPaint 11.7.1(Dec 22 2022) Mac OS 11.6, Apple MacBookPro M1 2020
condepablo

Post by condepablo »

Hironori Takagi wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 04:01 The main use of flip in Japan is "Flip manually". Send instances forward and back rather than play to determine if the continuity of the picture is correct.
The shortcut of "Play (space key)" is "Repeat from current frame to out point".
"In-Out repeat playback" is not have short-cut command, that is improvement point.
I can create a George Script that sets In and Out from the Current Frame to a specific (eg 15) frame, but it is not valid for the reasons mentioned above.
im sorry, but i read this several times but i cant understand it very well.
i dont understand why it wont be valid a george script that set In and Out from curren frame to a specefic. that would be really usefull, because i could combine that with a flip with limits "marks In/out"

i saw how the flipbook works on earlier version of tvpaint, and i want that. a simply "play arround the curren frame" to see if its working

thanks!
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I think what he means is not to just play forward a bit of the clip, but to play a certain number of frames back and forth repeatedly, just as you'd do when flipping paper. And I think that's useful.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Hironori Takagi

I failed to explain.
"Not valid" means that even if I create a "Set in and out point at once" on George,
there is no "Play from In point to Out point" in the shortcut menu of TVPaint.
"Play back about 1 second before and after the current time" exist Avid Media Composer menu, and I think it is valid.
TVPaint 11.7.2(Nov 14 2023), Windows11 Pro, HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx / TVPaint 11.7.1(Dec 22 2022) Mac OS 11.6, Apple MacBookPro M1 2020
condepablo

Post by condepablo »

slowtiger wrote: 05 Mar 2020, 22:54 I think what he means is not to just play forward a bit of the clip, but to play a certain number of frames back and forth repeatedly, just as you'd do when flipping paper. And I think that's useful.

that its useful, but why replace the old version of flipbook intead to add as an option? i would like to have the old flipbook option back!
Hironori Takagi

I would like to hear from the development staff.
We uses the same 'flip' function, but he and I(or we?) have very different purposes.
Ginjex

Post by Ginjex »

Condeplabo is very right. i would like to have the old flipbook option back too!