linuxMint depencdency problem

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
momo

linuxMint depencdency problem

Post by momo »

Hello,

I am currently testing linux mint cinnamon 17.1 + tvpaint 10 (from the cd) to see how this works.

Unfortunately i ma simply stuck at the first phase: installing tvpaint... :oops: it seem a dependency is missing even after I installed it with the synaptic package manager it still gives me the error
dependency problem.png
dependency problem.png (41.46 KiB) Viewed 18128 times
Maybe this version of tvpaint is too old?
momo
Eric Scholl

Re: linuxMint depencdency problem

Post by Eric Scholl »

Do you have the same problem when installing the TVPaint 10.5 demo downloaded from the website ?
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

It might be a broken package in the dependency chain. As far as I can tell, TVPaint doesn't directly depend on that library, although something else TVPaint depends on probably does:

$ dpkg -I "TVPaint Animation 10.5.5.11673s Pro (64).deb"
new debian package, version 2.0.
size 53349392 bytes: control archive=1037 bytes.
736 bytes, 13 lines * control
2209 bytes, 33 lines * postinst #!/bin/sh
545 bytes, 15 lines * postrm #!/bin/sh
Package: tvp.animation.10.pro
Version: 10.5.5
Section: graphics
Priority: optional
Architecture: amd64
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.11-0) | glibc (>= 2.11.2-0), libfreetype6, libuuid1, libx11-6, libcanberra0, libpulse0, libxi6, xsane, libgtk2.0-0, gconf2
Maintainer: TVPaint Developpement <tvpaint@tvpaint.fr>

(Installed on Ubuntu Studio 14.04)
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
momo

Post by momo »

Eric Scholl wrote:Do you have the same problem when installing the TVPaint 10.5 demo downloaded from the website ?
This worked! Thanks! I downloaded the latest version 10.5.7 for linux and it now works perfectly.

Unfortunately linux didnt want to work with my wacom cintiq 13hd so I gave up linux and went back to windows.....a sad day for linux :(
momo
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

momo wrote:
Eric Scholl wrote:Do you have the same problem when installing the TVPaint 10.5 demo downloaded from the website ?
This worked! Thanks! I downloaded the latest version 10.5.7 for linux and it now works perfectly.

Unfortunately linux didnt want to work with my wacom cintiq 13hd so I gave up linux and went back to windows.....a sad day for linux :(
Awwww, don't give up yet, Wacom tablets work quite well on Linux. I've used everything from Bamboo to Intuous to Cintiq on Ubuntu Studio. Here are some details on getting the 13HD to work on Linux (it focuses on Ubuntu Studio 14.04, but Linux Mint should be very similar):

http://ragnarb.com/configuring-wacom-ci ... ntu-14-04/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
momo

Post by momo »

idragosani wrote:
momo wrote:

Awwww, don't give up yet, Wacom tablets work quite well on Linux. I've used everything from Bamboo to Intuous to Cintiq on Ubuntu Studio. Here are some details on getting the 13HD to work on Linux (it focuses on Ubuntu Studio 14.04, but Linux Mint should be very similar):

http://ragnarb.com/configuring-wacom-ci ... ntu-14-04/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
THanks for the link.

Yeah it's a shame :oops:

but truthfully the other reason is that from time to time I need to use adobe flash or after effects. Having a partitioned hard disk would be a solution but it is simpler to work on one system. It is really strange to see that every other animation software has a linux version BUT adobe.
momo