sketch line removal

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
BruceM

sketch line removal

Post by BruceM »

I'm new to TVP and using the free download version 10. Here's my question:
I'm sketching a rough drawing using the blue roughing out pencil from the sketch panel. I'm then cleaning up on top of the blue line sketch with a black line. When I use the blue "X" to remove the blue line sketch, it's removing the blue sketch, but it's also removing the black line wherever it crossed over that blue line. What should I be doing to keep that from happening?

Thanks!
Animark

Re: sketch line removal

Post by Animark »

You could make your clean up drawings on a new empty layer.
TVPaint 10.5.7 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64 (Wacom Companion 2)
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

BruceM wrote:I'm new to TVP and using the free download version 10. Here's my question:
I'm sketching a rough drawing using the blue roughing out pencil from the sketch panel. I'm then cleaning up on top of the blue line sketch with a black line. When I use the blue "X" to remove the blue line sketch, it's removing the blue sketch, but it's also removing the black line wherever it crossed over that blue line. What should I be doing to keep that from happening?

Thanks!
It does not do this on my Computer. Can you post screen shots of what you are doing. It sound like you are doing something wrong.
Is you blue pencil on drawing mode "behind"?
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Maybe you're not drawing with a really blaqck pencil, so that eraser removes any blue portion of it as well.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

madsjuul wrote:
BruceM wrote:I'm new to TVP and using the free download version 10. Here's my question:

Thanks
!
It does not do this on my Computer. Can you post screen shots of what you are doing. It sound like you are doing something wrong.
Is you blue pencil on drawing mode "behind"?
-Mads

Same here. On my computer it does not do what BruceM describes. I can draw with the blue pencil from the sketch panel and clean up on top of the same lines (same layer) with the black pencil from the sketch panel and when I click the blue X it will only delete the blue pixels , but none of the black pixels are removed.

However, it could also be as Slowtiger mentions in the next post : if the black pencil tool you are using to clean up is not truly "black" then some blue may be removed , causing the issue you are experiencing . In that case you should do your clean-up drawing on a separate layer over the blue .
BruceM

Post by BruceM »

Slowtiger, I think you were right about not using a black enough line. When I use the black pencil from the sketch panel, rather than selecting black with a pen brush, the black line stays intact after hitting the blue "X".
Thanks so much for your response!
Cheburashka

Post by Cheburashka »

SOLUTION FOUND:
As a solution, I was told to use BOTH Blue and Black pens from Sketch palette - black sketch pen for inking. This works, the blue goes away without fracturizing the black pen lineart. However, the Black Pen from Sketch palette gives a very generic line. As we all remember from Aaron Blaise tutorial, he takes a Blue Pen from Sketch Palette but he uses his regular Crayon from his Tools Panel. I knew I did not want to use the Black Sketching pen for inking because it does not give the beautiful trace as Aaron's crayon.

I thought and looked and looked and here is a solution - it would be great to pass it around:

In fact there are THREE Sketch Panels:
• Pastel without Anti-Aliasing
• Pure without Anti-Aliasing 
• RGB with AntiAliasing. 
So I was grabbing the Blue Pen from the FIRST sketch panel -the "Pastel without Anti-Aliasing". Finally, I noticed that there were three different sketch panels, stacked one under another. I tried all three of them and the THIRD, the "RGB with Anti Aliasing" worked just as Aaron Blaise showed. You use the Blue Pen from that panel and then you use your own crayon from Brushes Tools, from your Custom Brushes, and when you hit Blue X, the blue ink is gone but your crayon trace is beautiful and intact!

Hoping this will be useful!