Can somebody explain how to use Multiplane camera?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
holyax

Can somebody explain how to use Multiplane camera?

Post by holyax »

Hi,
I have a hard time figuring out on how to use the multiplane effect. I know its in the FX stack, but how exactly does it work? I have 3 layers I would like to move,
1) the badminton ball flying forward and camera follows it 2) the grassy field under the ball and 3) the forest in the background appears to be closer as the ball flies towards it. Really appreaciate the help
Thanks in advance
PS my viersion is 9.5
idragosani

Re: Can somebody explain how to use Multiplane camera?

Post by idragosani »

Have you gone through the tutorial in the manual (Lesson 16)? It's complicated but once you understand how to layer things you will see how everything works. There is also a 'wizard' that walks you through how to set everything up.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
holyax

Post by holyax »

thank you, I have just discovered about that lesson. And wow, that looks like a lot of stuff to learn :D
I hope that lesson 16 is for 9.5 though
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

As far as I know, the MPC functionality hasn't changed between 9.5 and 10
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

At the CTN Animation Expo this past weekend Mark Chong did a great demo at the TVPaint booth on how to set up a multiplane shot (three layers) . I hope Mark may do a video capture of that demo and post it on his YouTube channel at some point. The Multiplane is definitely a function that is easier to understand via a video demo than to write about it with text and still illustrations.
holyax

Post by holyax »

D.T. Nethery wrote:At the CTN Animation Expo this past weekend Mark Chong did a great demo at the TVPaint booth on how to set up a multiplane shot (three layers) . I hope Mark may do a video capture of that demo and post it on his YouTube channel at some point. The Multiplane is definitely a function that is easier to understand via a video demo than to write about it with text and still illustrations.
If he could do it that would be WONDERFUL!!! Im still confused in the multiplane lessons and hopefully this video demo would be a better way to understand the software :)
doing effects like these in my student film would be really great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r54Zi3WiSWM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
holyax

Post by holyax »

I think I realized the multiplane camera trick :D so glad, its not that hard as I thought. But something weird is happening when I create a plane from another animation project as source. The speed of animation is 12fps on both projects, but when I apply FX stack, some animation frames tend to repeat themselves, and some are missing. :( can somebody explain why? I want to have a character walk from point B to A without any slow downs, just in the same way as in the original project
holyax

Post by holyax »

bump
The frame rate is odd in multiframe FX when I use animation from other projects. But all projects are in 12FPS :( The only way to have the animation work properly is to make it in the same project as the multiframe is in. Could somebody explain what I could try?
Animark

Post by Animark »

Hi,

in 2010 I had a problem with missing and doubled frames using the multiplan camerea fx. If the following post describes your problem, you should update your TVPaint. Let us know, which version you are using. You are writing that you use version 9.5, but it is important for us to know the number after 9.5. It could be 9.5.3 for example. You'll find it when you click on "about TVPaint Animation" under the help menue.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3939" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Greets from Animark
TVPaint 10.5.7 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64 (Wacom Companion 2)
holyax

Post by holyax »

Animark wrote:Hi,

in 2010 I had a problem with missing and doubled frames using the multiplan camerea fx. If the following post describes your problem, you should update your TVPaint. Let us know, which version you are using. You are writing that you use version 9.5, but it is important for us to know the number after 9.5. It could be 9.5.3 for example. You'll find it when you click on "about TVPaint Animation" under the help menue.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3939" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Greets from Animark
Hi,
Yes!! that is the exact problem, the frames are doubling without reason. I think the tvpaint is 9.5.3. Is updating the only way to fix the issue?
Animark

Post by Animark »

holyax wrote: I think the tvpaint is 9.5.3. Is updating the only way to fix the issue?
Yes, updating would solve your problem. If you are an official user, you can update very easy for free up to version 9.5.21 with TVPs update function under help menu. If you are not able to update you are probably using outdated pirated webshit and you should not waste the time of the users inside this forum.
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

Animark wrote:
holyax wrote: I think the tvpaint is 9.5.3. Is updating the only way to fix the issue?
Yes, updating would solve your problem. If you are an official user, you can update very easy for free up to version 9.5.21 with TVPs update function under help menu. If you are not able to update you are probably using outdated pirated webshit and you should not waste the time of the users inside this forum.
+1
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
holyax

Post by holyax »

Hervé wrote:
Animark wrote:
+1
Oh ok, yea, its official I think. The problem is with the computer Im using tvpaint on, its net access is not working, tho I am getting a new one soon, so update here I come!
Animark

Post by Animark »

holyax wrote:Oh ok, yea, its official I think. The problem is with the computer Im using tvpaint on, its net access is not working, tho I am getting a new one soon, so update here I come!
If that is the case there is also an easy way to update. Just use your Internet-Computer and an USB-Stick.
1. Goto http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic ... update.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2. fill out the form (license codes)
3. download the update and save it to your USB-Stick

Now you can update your TVPaint using the USB-Stick at the computer where your TVPaint is. That's all ;-)
holyax

Post by holyax »

Animark wrote:
holyax wrote:Oh ok, yea, its official I think. The problem is with the computer Im using tvpaint on, its net access is not working, tho I am getting a new one soon, so update here I come!
If that is the case there is also an easy way to update. Just use your Internet-Computer and an USB-Stick.
1. Goto http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic ... update.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2. fill out the form (license codes)
3. download the update and save it to your USB-Stick

Now you can update your TVPaint using the USB-Stick at the computer where your TVPaint is. That's all ;-)
thats great, thanks a lot :)