No matter what settings I try, my exported vid runs too fast Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
holyax

Re: No matter what settings I try, my exported vid runs too

Post by holyax »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Oh, and you asked about the difference between 25 and 24 fps. For all practical purposes, none worth bothering with unless you are doing a job for TV in which case you have to follow their specs or if you are working with a very exacting sound track to which you have to synchronize your animation.

EDIT: I just thought of one more thing you might want to try: Turn on Proxy rendering in a window called Preview Settings. If the speed picks up, it's definitively your computer that can't play your project at proper speed.
Well, in the preview settings Proxy renders are both on, but the quality seems to be 50% , dont know if that has anything to do with speed though. The only option which is off is Show TC, whatever that means.
holyax

Post by holyax »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:That's because the export panel automatically compensates by adding frames to play 10, 12, or whatever frame rate per second. This is what the conversion is for.
But I tried to convert the project into 12FPS and even then the export files remained at the same high speed, maybe Im doing something wrong.
holyax

Post by holyax »

Thank you for all the help so far :)
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

But I tried to convert the project into 12FPS and even then the export files remained at the same high speed, maybe Im doing something wrong.
That's right and that was the first giveaway that it must be your TVP playback running slow. Just think about it;
10 frames plays a second
12 fps plays a second etc. They all play at the same rate.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

holyax wrote: The only option which is off is Show TC, whatever that means.
to get realtime playback, if you have "Play All" option ON, switch it off.
Show TC is for "show TimeCode".
holyax wrote:But I tried to convert the project into 12FPS and even then the export files remained at the same high speed, maybe Im doing something wrong.
in the Export Panel, disable "Stretch to Frame Rate" option, if it's ON, the original speed will be kept.
toonybrain

Re: No matter what settings I try, my exported vid runs too fast

Post by toonybrain »

in the Export Panel, disable "Stretch to Frame Rate" option, if it's ON, the original speed will be kept.
That did it for me. (I was having the same issue.)

Thank you.