Help! Animation disappeared!

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
doofusy

Help! Animation disappeared!

Post by doofusy »

I just animated an assignment for school, when I accidentally pressed something. Now my animation has been cleared off the main sketching window, AND I can't draw on it anymore. The layer is at 100%, and I know it hasn't been deleted because I can still see the animation in the little frame thumbnails. Please help, I can't afford to lose this D:

I didn't even save after I did this, but it's still like that no matter how many times I reopen it.
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Help! Animation disappeared!

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Here's the first thing I can think of: Under the slider that says 100%, what label do you see? You should see the word "Color" but if you see something else, such as Lighten Only, you won't see the drawings. If you are lucky, all you need to do is click on whatever word(s) and select Color and your drawings should come back.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

doofusy wrote:I just animated an assignment for school, when I accidentally pressed something. Now my animation has been cleared off the main sketching window, AND I can't draw on it anymore. The layer is at 100%, and I know it hasn't been deleted because I can still see the animation in the little frame thumbnails. Please help, I can't afford to lose this D:

I didn't even save after I did this, but it's still like that no matter how many times I reopen it.
^
Ditto what Paul Fierlinger said above. He's talking about the Blending Mode. If you accidentally set it to something other than "Color" mode then you may not see any images in the project window (even though you know they are there because you can see them still there on the frames in the Timeline)

Here's what it looks like:
TVP_Blending_Modes.png
TVP_Blending_Modes.png (85.81 KiB) Viewed 20722 times
doofusy

Post by doofusy »

THANK YOU! I had accidentally set it to soft light. I was so worried I'd lost it, ahah.
Now there seems to be another issue though. I was once able to view my timeline by frames 2,4,6,8,10,12 but now it's set at 0,20,40,60,80. Makes it a little hard to flip between individual frames. Is there any way to change it back?
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

doofusy wrote:THANK YOU! I had accidentally set it to soft light. I was so worried I'd lost it, ahah.
Now there seems to be another issue though. I was once able to view my timeline by frames 2,4,6,8,10,12 but now it's set at 0,20,40,60,80. Makes it a little hard to flip between individual frames. Is there any way to change it back?
Make sure that at the lower left of the timeline panel it is set to FRAMES , not to TIME CODE.
TVP_Timeline_FRAMES.jpg
TVP_Timeline_FRAMES.jpg (57.48 KiB) Viewed 20718 times
TVP_Timeline_TIMECODE.jpg
TVP_Timeline_TIMECODE.jpg (67.24 KiB) Viewed 20718 times

------

*EDIT: Never mind , I misunderstood what you were asking about . See Malcooning's answer two posts below.

-
Last edited by D.T. Nethery on 18 Oct 2011, 06:41, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

If you are animating in two's, let's say to get a playback rate of 24 fps, all you need to do is change your project frame rate to 12 fps and animate in singles. Then when you are done, render your project at 24 fps and TVP will automatically add one instance to every image. But remember, the frame rate must be changed in the project's setting, not just your playback setting.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

I think what doofusy described is simply an alteration of the zoom level. instead of individual frames he's now zoomed out and sees frames from a further out view.
Doofusy, you just need to zoom in on the timeline. Stand on the timeline panel, pres down ALT and use your Right-Mouse button to drag in/out the zoom, or instead use the 'Z' button at the beginning of the frames.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

malcooning wrote:I think what doofusy described is simply an alteration of the zoom level. instead of individual frames he's now zoomed out and sees frames from a further out view.
Doofusy, you just need to zoom in on the timeline. Stand on the timeline panel, pres down ALT and use your Right-Mouse button to drag in/out the zoom, or instead use the 'Z' button at the beginning of the frames.
Ah, yes , I believe you are correct. I misread doofusy's previous message describing the problem.

Doof, it's as Malcooning describes, like this:
TVP_Timeline_Zoomed_Out.jpg
TVP_Timeline_Zoomed_Out.jpg (68.61 KiB) Viewed 20670 times
TVP_Timeline_Zoomed_In.jpg
TVP_Timeline_Zoomed_In.jpg (72.27 KiB) Viewed 20670 times