Mac Install not working? Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Gothfrog

Mac Install not working?

Post by Gothfrog »

Hi everyone! I'm trying to install TVPaint on a new mac running Catalina 10.15.7. I've installed TVpaint on a different mac running Catalina about 8 months ago and had no issues at all, which is why I'm so baffled by this.

It seems as though there's something wrong with the Post-Catalina dongle driver install file. While the pre-catalina dongle driver file has the regular icon of a beige and yellow box, the post-catalina one has a greyed-out sheet of paper for its icon. Additionally, I can get to the installation screen for the the pre-catalina one fine, it's just that my computer won't let me *actually* install it since it's built for an earlier version. Whereas when i try to install the post-catalina one, it won't even open up the install wizard screen. It just gives me an error code that says "hdiutil: mount failed- No such file or directory (1)"

I don't use tvpaint for work so this isn't super urgent, but I'd really like to know if there's some way to fix or circumvent this? Or even if there's a patch coming out soon that will help. Thank you!!
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Mac Install not working?

Post by Dean »

Hello, I contacted you via PM :)
Probably a vampire
gallajes000

Post by gallajes000 »

I am also having the exact same issue. I am attaching the screenshot I took of the issue, including computer specs, the TVPaint install page, and the error message. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Attachments
TVPaint iMac Install.png
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, I sent you an alternative Sentinel version via PM :) This should fix the issue for now.
Also future version 11.5.1 shouldn't have this issue anymore.
Probably a vampire