[TVPaint Pro 11.5.0 64bit] Wacom Grip Pen Modifier clicks not working in latest version! Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Caller

[TVPaint Pro 11.5.0 64bit] Wacom Grip Pen Modifier clicks not working in latest version!

Post by Caller »

Hi TVP support, I just upgraded to version 11.5.0 from 11.0.10 and I've been having issues with the Wacom hotkeys on my grip pen. In version 11.0.10, I used the upper button on my Wacom Grip Pen to pan the canvas on my screen. I did this by mapping the button to [Alt]+[L Click], like so:

I have all my settings in 11.5.0 exactly as they were in the previous version, and I added a new Wacom pen profile with the exact same settings. However, I noticed that none of the modifiers in the "Clicks" section worked in 11.5.0. When I press the button, only the "Alt" modifier actuates, and I have to press my pen to the tablet to get the pan to work as it used to. This isn't an issue with my Wacom or Windows, either—the hotkey goes back to normal when I switch programs, or when I downgrade back to 11.0.10.

Is it possible that something broke in the jump from 11.0.10 to 11.5.0, or is this intentional? It's a pretty minor thing, but it's a noticeable downgrade in QoL for me while using the latest version. Thanks, and have a nice day!
Xavier

Re: [TVPaint Pro 11.5.0 64bit] Wacom Grip Pen Modifier clicks not working in latest version!

Post by Xavier »

Hi, first of all --> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6167

Then we'd need to know the build date. Please open the About window (Help->About) and tell us the date that's written in the title bar.
Padruig

Re: [TVPaint Pro 11.5.0 64bit] Wacom Grip Pen Modifier clicks not working in latest version!

Post by Padruig »

It's been a while since I used TVPaint on Windows, so this may or may not help.

Windows has more check boxes in the preferences panel on Windows than a Mac. I think there is one called Subpixels in the general tab. (Going off of memory here could be off.) I remember this changing the need to touch the pen to the screen.

If it is unchecked you can hover your pen and left click registers and if it is checked you would have to touch the pen to the screen.

Try that, I think it was called subpixel, but I can't remember for sure and can't double check because I am using a Mac.

Good luck!
Caller

Post by Caller »

Xavier wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 10:11 Hi, first of all --> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6167

Then we'd need to know the build date. Please open the About window (Help->About) and tell us the date that's written in the title bar.
My apologies.

Architecture: 64bit; 8GB Ram

Software version: TVPaint 11.5.0

Software edition: Professional

Architecture: 64 bits

Wacom: Mobilestudio Pro 13 driver version 6.3.42-2

Hope that helps. Thanks!
Caller

Post by Caller »

Padruig wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 18:01 It's been a while since I used TVPaint on Windows, so this may or may not help.

Windows has more check boxes in the preferences panel on Windows than a Mac. I think there is one called Subpixels in the general tab. (Going off of memory here could be off.) I remember this changing the need to touch the pen to the screen.

If it is unchecked you can hover your pen and left click registers and if it is checked you would have to touch the pen to the screen.

Try that, I think it was called subpixel, but I can't remember for sure and can't double check because I am using a Mac.

Good luck!
Thanks, this actually helped in reverse! I initially had SubPixel checked, so I unchecked SubPixel in my TVPaint preferences, and the click shortcuts began functioning normally. It looks like this is an issue with the SubPixel option, so I hope that narrows it down, Xavier!
Padruig

Post by Padruig »

I'm glad it worked out!

I don't think this is a bug. The sub pixel option has been there for a long time and has always operated this way. Definitely not new to 11.5.