Still Problems with Strokes when repeatedly Re-pressing Shortkey with Brushes that's with Texture

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
TheQuestionMark

Still Problems with Strokes when repeatedly Re-pressing Shortkey with Brushes that's with Texture

Post by TheQuestionMark »

Feels like you only fix part of the problem and but not all of problem. When pressing the shortkey repeatedly as you "Curve" your strokes it travels in a straight line. It should follow on how you actually do you strokes when you curve, not a straight line. Please fix this ASAP.

It's a SUPER SUPER real hassle when you have Brush with Texture and Eraser with Texture.

Code: Select all

tv_paper Hardness 39 Invert 1 Size 0.514800 Angle -26.000000 OffsetX 0.000000 OffsetY 0.000000 FlipX 0 FlipY 0 Active 1 Name "/Cement Hard"
Windows 10 64-Bit TvPaint Professional 11.5.3 (64-Bit)
Xavier

Re: Still Problems with Strokes when repeatedly Re-pressing Shortkey with Brushes that's with Texture

Post by Xavier »

Could you please attach a screen recording so that we see what happens ?
TheQuestionMark

Re: Still Problems with Strokes when repeatedly Re-pressing Shortkey with Brushes that's with Texture

Xavier wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 09:54 Could you please attach a screen recording so that we see what happen ?
I'm not sure how to display it by post. But there's the link. As you can see when stroke....keep eye on the "Turn ON" flickering Texture Icon from the Main Panel. That's when I keep pressing the shortkey to switch to my brush with texture. It's real hassle when you use Brush with Texture and Eraser with Texture, because it draws as straight line and not curve.....Strokes aren't drawing as intended.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CiN9FT ... sp=sharing
Last edited by TheQuestionMark on 28 Dec 2020, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, so if I understood correctly, the issue happens when you press the shortcut key to your custom brush while drawing? Just out of curiosityn which keystroke is assigned to it, please?
Probably a vampire
TheQuestionMark

Dean wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 13:04 Hello, so if I understood correctly, the issue happens when you press the shortcut key to your custom brush while drawing? Just out of curiosityn which keystroke is assigned to it, please?
Any brush with texture, Pencil Tool, Custom Brush Tool. I assign it to C.

--
"Grab Tool" with Paper, Assign Shortkey, and then do what I show on the Video.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, the same issue seems to appear on my part when doing fast strokes while switching brushes rapidly, it seems that switching brushes while having the pen pressing again the tablet and lifting it can make TVPaint miss some inputs.
Probably a vampire
TheQuestionMark

Dean wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 12:28 Hello, the same issue seems to appear on my part when doing fast strokes while switching brushes rapidly, it seems that switching brushes while having the pen pressing again the tablet and lifting it can make TVPaint miss some inputs.
Yes, when you need to use texture with brushes. There's no missing inputs when you use brushes with deactivated texture. And I really texture with my brush strokes.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

TheQuestionMark wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 01:03 Yes, when you need to use texture with brushes. There's no missing inputs when you use brushes with deactivated texture. And I really texture with my brush strokes.
So was this possible with TVP 11.0.10 ?
Maybe a regression... I'll register a bug.
TheQuestionMark

Xavier wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 15:39
TheQuestionMark wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 01:03 Yes, when you need to use texture with brushes. There's no missing inputs when you use brushes with deactivated texture. And I really texture with my brush strokes.
So was this possible with TVP 11.0.10 ?
Maybe a regression... I'll register a bug.
The problem was way worser in TVP 11.0.10 and before, I posted it about a very long time ago. The stroke was lagging even with straight strokes.
Last edited by TheQuestionMark on 22 Jan 2021, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

We managed to reproduce it, it's on the list :)