How to export all frames instead of just heads using JSON

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
gwakanaka

How to export all frames instead of just heads using JSON

Post by gwakanaka »

Hi, I recently discovered the JSON export option and realized that it only exported my 8 frame on 4s animation loop as 8 PNGs only. I usually export png sequence and that way get each and every image repeated according to the exposure set. With the JSON option is there a way to get all 32 images exported instead of just 8? Also I haven't used the Ae script yet, so while writing this I'm not sure if the script retains the animation timing as well. But just for sake of a back up I'd prefer to know a way to export every image instead of just heads of the layer. I had 'ignore duplicate images' option off, I hoped that after this it'll export all the images. Is this a bug or am I just expecting it to do something its not supposed to?
Xavier

Re: How to export all frames instead of just heads using JSON

Post by Xavier »

The JSON export generates only the required elements to reproduce your project structure.
If you examine the JSON file that is generated, the "instance-index" value indicates the position of (instance) the picture file in the layer.

When you export to a PNG sequence you have no additionnal info, so one image means one instance.
But with JSON we have the info, so there's no need to generate one image file per instance.

It's not a bug, it's a feature :)