11.5 Bug in Preferences Panel

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Padruig

11.5 Bug in Preferences Panel

Post by Padruig »

Hi all,

I just updated TVPaint 11.5 and I think I discovered a serious bug in the preference panel. Under the display tab if you disable either one of the drawers, TVPaint will fail to open the next time you try to launch the program. The only way to launch it again is to delete the config file and start again. This was particularly painful for me as I have a lot of customizations and fx panel presets to load but at least I know now and there is an easy work around. Don't uncheck either of those boxes in the preferences! I suspect it has to do with the new shortcut to hide all the panels/drawers.

PotentialBug.png

I am using TVPaint Pro 11.5 on a 2017 iMac 16GB of memory running macOS Catalina (10.15.7)
D.T. Nethery

Re: 11.5 Bug in Preferences Panel

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Padruig wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 20:19 Hi all,

I just updated TVPaint 11.5 and I think I discovered a serious bug in the preference panel. Under the display tab if you disable either one of the drawers, TVPaint will fail to open the next time you try to launch the program. The only way to launch it again is to delete the config file and start again. This was particularly painful for me as I have a lot of customizations and fx panel presets to load but at least I know now and there is an easy work around. Don't uncheck either of those boxes in the preferences! I suspect it has to do with the new shortcut to hide all the panels/drawers.

I am using TVPaint Pro 11.5 on a 2017 iMac 16GB of memory running macOS Catalina (10.15.7)

Oh, that's a scary one. Thanks for the warning! Hopefully this can be fixed and updated ASAP.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

OOOOoohhhh :shock:

I'd need to test that. The setting management is my next TODO anyway.

So it didn't happen in v11.0 ? did you reproduce it after you deleted your config ?
Padruig

Post by Padruig »

These settings work fine in 11, never had a problem. I always have the right hand drawer toggled off and a hotkey to bring up a group of panels I use often. I prefer that to scrolling down a thin drawer to find panels that hide behind the timeline.

I was able to reproduce it after deleting my config file, yes. I tried several things, first TVPX files, shut TVPaint and start it up. It was fine, then I added my .bin presets in the FX panel, and shut down and start up was fine. Then tried those drawer settings and it created the crash. I deleted the config and started fresh then tried one more time changing just that setting the problem occurred. So I isolated it to those settings being the cause.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Fixed. Definitely a bug. Thanks for the report !
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Sorry, that's another one I missed , but I always use both side Drawers , so it would not have occurred to me to turn them off.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Padruig

Post by Padruig »

No problem, happy to help!

Easy one to miss D.T. Nethery, I don't think many users disable them.

Not the end of the world, I had my settings backed up so that is the important thing!

Thanks guys.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Padruig wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 19:59 I had my settings backed up so that is the important thing!
Yes I (slowly) understand that this settings thing is a non-blocking-yet-a-pain issue. In the next release (11.5.1) I'm willing to improve that.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »