Update to TVPaint Animation v11.5 crash Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Minotaure'

Update to TVPaint Animation v11.5 crash

Post by Minotaure' »

Hello there! I have a technical problem. So I updated my TVPaint Animation v11.0.0 Standard Edition to TVPaint Animation v11.5.0 Standard Edition, through "Downloads" from "My account" page. The problem that I have now is that when I open the new TVPaint, the software boots, I see the window with all the tools and then suddenly closes. Before writing here I did the following steps with no success.

1. I restarted both my pc and TVPaint after updating.
2. I uninstalled the previous version, as well as the new one and then I reinstalled TVPaint 11.5.0.
3. The dongle was inside the computer all the time. I tried taking out, opening the software but then TVPaint doesn't even get me to that window where it tells me to insert the dongle and hit "ok".

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any solution. Please help me out. If there's any additional information that you need, let me know.

Thank you!
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Update to TVPaint Animation v11.5 crash

Post by Dean »

Hello Minotaure,
Since you previously had 11.0.0, for which config files were a bit different, it seems that you need to reset your config for v11.5.

Here is how to proceed:

Windows

Keep CTRL pressed when launching TVPaint. The Startup Panel should appear. From there, you can create a new config file from scratch, copy or delete one.

What you need to do is deleted you current config and create a fresh one, indeed. Then launch TVPaint as usual.

If it doesn't work, press Windows + R and write %appdata% in the field, then press Enter.

You will be taken to a hidden system repertory, look for the TVPaint folder, then inside the default folder, delete the config.ini file.

This should reset your TVPaint's configuration.

MacOS

There is no way to enable the startup panel without modifying an option inside the software itself. Therefore, you will have to delete the file manually.

It is located in Library > tvp animation 11/pro > default > config.ini (name of the file you have to delete).

But the system Library folder is hidden by default on MacOS, you can follow this guide to reveal it:

https://www.noterepeat.com/articles/how ... ry-folders
Probably a vampire
Minotaure'

Post by Minotaure' »

Yes! This worked! Thank you very much for the technical support. Have a good day!
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Hello,

I seem to have the same problem now.
Last friday when I updated I got the same message that TVPaint could not find the dongle. I replugged the dongle and after that everything worked.

This morning TVpaint would not allow me acces because it can't find the dongle again. Replugging doesn't help. Deleting the "config.ini" file doesn't help either. I get the same message. (It may be worth mentioning that I installed the sentinel drivers (for the dongle) that came with the updates as well.

If I mess with the configuration file I lose my entire TVP configuration setup, won't I? All my custom brushes, interface setting, shortcuts, etc, etc? This would be pretty bad for me because I will be spending
most of the day resetting everything back to how it was...
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

For now I have gone back to the previous version of TVPaint. I am hoping this issue can be fixed soon.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM