Config Always Resetting... AppDatta, Default and New Rig

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
BinaryD00D

Config Always Resetting... AppDatta, Default and New Rig

Post by BinaryD00D »

I have got a new computer with a modern graphics card. I have installed TVP10 on it. Never had a problem when it was just on my labtop. But now it crashes 3 times before opening in the first time after booting (not always, but often happens). And one of the major problems I had on this new rig, is that CONFIGURATIONS are almost never saved!

This is a big problem because if I was to create a single new brush to a custom panel, i would have to always export the hundreds of brushes within that panel just to save one. And everytime I open TVP10 I have to import a keyboard shortcut CFG file and organize all my panels to be thee way I want, + preferences etc.

I have been trouble shooting. one of the ways I found to partially fix this is load the CFG file from the default "appdata" folder in my labtop and put in both the appdata in my new desktop and also the Programs TVP folder. Replacing the normal CFG file. I also import all my . BIN brushes and panels to the respective folder within the programs TVP folder so it forces the .CFG to load them.

However, as you can probably see, this is a very static way of working. Even if I can load configurations I cannot save them. So at best I have to go back to my labtop and change what I want to change in my workflow only to save the .CFG files out of it so I can then import them back into my desktop replacing the previous ones and do this repeatedly every time I want to update anything.

I thought it could be maybe because it is being loaded from an SSD or the graphics card is too powerful and its drivers could be interfering etc. But after all the trouble shooting and reinstallations I really am at the end of my rope here. I won't give up but I don't see this working in the near future...

If anyone went through similar problems please indicate anything you could have learned.

Yes I have it so it loads a previous project configuration (which as long as it is not a crash not should load any changes I've made on the next time I open the software)
Svengali

Re: Config Always Resetting... AppDatta, Default and New Rig

Post by Svengali »

It may have something to do with the dongle and when you unplug it to change from your laptop to your new desktop computer, or your desktop to your laptop. Are you sure the systems are completely shut down before removing or installing the dongle?

Or, maybe its because you aren't using the most up to date version of TVPaint 10 Pro. What version are you using now? Earlier versions have a number of known problems.

Try updating the software and post here if that solves the problem, OK?

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
BinaryD00D

Post by BinaryD00D »

Seems like it is 10.0.7. But like I said it worked before (though I remember my labtop crashing with more recent versions, but I could be wrong if memory fails), and no it doesn't have to do with the dongle (did exact thing with the labtop). I may keep troubleshooting but this time out of the software. Maybe it is my system installation of windows that makes the Appdata gimmicky. I have noticed a lot of my games have their saves gone as well (supposedly stored in that folder).

Ah well, the last thing I want is to reinstall windows. But if that is what it takes...

Thank you for responding either way.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Ah, good if you noticed that other programs (games) had difficulties saving content in this Appdata folder too. This is a pretty good lead.

Since your Windows has been only recently installed, are the User Account Control settings using default settings? I know that UAC can be pretty paranoid.
Probably a vampire
BinaryD00D

Post by BinaryD00D »

Hello!

I dont kno'w much about UAC, when I searched on my computer I got only options for notifications:

Xavier

Post by Xavier »

do you find the TVPaint setting folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ ? (tvp animation something)
BinaryD00D

Post by BinaryD00D »

Yeah that is what I use for config.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

I guess you have Administrator rights on your user session?
Probably a vampire
BinaryD00D

Post by BinaryD00D »

Too be honest, I do not know for sure. I have to click "run as administrator" every time given the choice. Perhaps I have to give immediate rights on the protection section of the Appdata folder?
BinaryD00D

Post by BinaryD00D »

seems like at least I have the rights.