Cannot eliminate blue lines

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Milton Gray

Cannot eliminate blue lines

Post by Milton Gray »

Hello. I very recently purchased TV Paint 11 Pro. My iMac computer is OS 10.15.6 Catalina with 32GB of memory, one terabyte of SSD storage, and 4K resolution. My Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 has 4K resolution. My Cintiq and my iMac are completely new and dedicated solely to my TV Paint 11 Pro. Recently I have been trying to do something very simple, without success: I have been following the video tutorial by Aaron Blaise called "More Recent Features" (listed at the top of page 3 of tutorials on TV Paint's website). In this tutorial Aaron begins on the TV Paint screen with a blank white page to draw on, and goes to the vertical drawer on the right side of the screen, to the RGB Sketch Panel. There he clicks on the blue pen, then he goes to the vertical drawer on the left side of the screen to click onto "Pencil". Now he begins drawing blue lines on the screen. Shortly after, Aaron returns to the vertical drawer on the right side of the screen, and in the RGB Sketch Panel he clicks on the blue "X" to eliminate the blue lines. But when I do that, the blue lines I drew with the "Pen" disappear, while the blue lines I drew with the "Pencil" do not disappear, and instead they change to black. I have tried this several times, including completely shutting down both my TV Paint 11 Pro program and my iMac computer, waiting a few minutes, then rebooting both again, to be sure that there wouldn't be some earlier glitch somewhere that might be the cause. But my results are always the same: the blue "Pen" lines disappear while the blue "Pencil" lines just turn black and remain. Is there something I should do differently, or perhaps should the TV Paint 11 Pro software program be re-installed to eliminate an odd glitch?
slowtiger

Re: Cannot eliminate blue lines

Post by slowtiger »

The blue eraser X in the Sketch panel only deletes one very certain hue of blue, the one of the blue pencil in the same panel. If you use any other brush tool with that exact blue, the lines will be erased as well. If you use a different blue, anything darker will remain gray after using the blue eraser.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Actually you can make any tool work with the sketchpanel functionality, be aware of these two limitations.
1) use the AA part of the Sketchpanel
AA-sketchpanel.png
AA-sketchpanel.png (11.41 KiB) Viewed 6039 times
2)make sure to use the exact same single colors (basicly the 3 100% R,G and B colors) the tool should not create variations in RGB value
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Milton Gray

Post by Milton Gray »

Peter Wassink wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 13:03 Actually you can make any tool work with the sketchpanel functionality, be aware of these two limitations.
AA-sketchpanel.png

2)make sure to use the exact same single colors (basicly the 3 100% R,G and B colors) the tool should not create variations in RGB value
Thanks for your reply. I did what you suggested, although maybe I should ask, what is the "AA part of the Sketchpanel"? I was drawing on a fresh page on the Sketch panel, just as shown in Aaron Blaise's video tutorial that I mentioned in my first question.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Milton Gray wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 21:14
Peter Wassink wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 13:03 Actually you can make any tool work with the sketchpanel functionality, be aware of these two limitations.
AA-sketchpanel.png

Thanks for your reply. I did what you suggested, although maybe I should ask, what is the "AA part of the Sketchpanel"?
"AA" referring to Sketch Panel RGB with Anti-Aliasing , not the Pastel Without Anti-Aliasing or Pure Without Anti-Aliasing .
SketchPanel_RGB_with_Anti-Aliasing.jpg
SketchPanel_RGB_with_Anti-Aliasing.jpg (71.9 KiB) Viewed 5975 times

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1