new install - brush lag Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Holger

new install - brush lag

Post by Holger »

I just bought a new TVPaint license and installed it on a Mac Mini. We had used TVpaint on this Mac with a different license and just before the new install I uninstalled this previous version. The new TVpaint remembered all my old settings and custom panels. The problem: brush lag. With the basic PenBrush at default settings I get almost 1 second lag. Other brushes that are usually also fast have the same lag. It worked perfect on this Mac before the uninstall/new install. I also have used TVPaint for years at work and I know that these brushes have a fast, immediate response. The brush is not the problem here. I'm hoping to get suggestions on what I can do to troubleshoot this issue. Thanks!
Mac mini
Intel Core i7
3 GHz
16 GB
TVPaint 11.0.10 pro (mac-64)
Dean
Site Admin

Re: new install - brush lag

Post by Dean »

Hello,I contacted you via PM :)
Probably a vampire
Holger

Post by Holger »

Hey Dean, thanks for your reply. I'm signed in but my PM inbox says No Messages. You could grab my email address from Karin and we do this via email.
Mac mini
Intel Core i7
3 GHz
16 GB
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hi Holger, yeah I meant via email, sorry for the confusion!
Probably a vampire
Holger

Post by Holger »

Thanks for your help Dean! Rolling back 1 version solved the issue. Also my OS is not the latest, maybe that contributed to the problem.
Mac mini
Intel Core i7
3 GHz
16 GB
PaulBushArt

Post by PaulBushArt »

I too have severe brush lag with 11.0.10. Instead of handling this offline could you post the solution here please?