Touch Navigation Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
oscar

Touch Navigation

Post by oscar »

tl;dr
does TVPaint have touch support? is it possible to zoom & move on a tablet (Microsoft surface)?

Hey TVPaint, I love you!
It's been my favorite animation software for years now. But like most of you I'm also affected by corona regulations, I can't use my wonderful workstation at school. So I got myself a microsoft surface, because I don't want to be confined in my tiny bedroom and at least work outsides, in cafés n stuff. But the keyboard sometimes gets in the way and I would prefer to use just the screen & touch. I don't own the newest TVPaint yet, but is it useful as a tool for animating on a tablet?
Thanks for your help!
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Touch Navigation

Post by Dean »

Hello Oscar,
No Surface-specific touch feature is built inside TVPaint. I know for sure that some tablet brands (including Wacom) allow you to bind certain actions/shortcuts to precise gestures done with your fingers on the tablet, but since Surface users are only a small part of the TVP community, we didn't look into building features specific Surface devices.
Probably a vampire
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hey Dean,
thank you for your answer! I re-read it just now and I was wondering if you meant keystrokes on wacom. Like assigning ctrl+alt+leftclick to a button?
Because what I was talking about was more like touch control on a phone for example. Like: Use two fingers to move the canvas and pinch to zoom. Are there plans to make TVPaint work like that?
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

I was talking about touch controls, no plans are underway to make TVPaint's computer version to work like that currently :)
Probably a vampire
oscar

Post by oscar »

Ah that's sad to hear! It would considerably help the workflow... And I really don't like having to switch to an other software...