Clip Structure naming patterns request

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
spyderheart

Clip Structure naming patterns request

Post by spyderheart »

Hi All,

It would be great to be able to reference the clip name and even the project name defining the folder and file name patterns under Export > Clip Structure.

Is this currently possible - to enter a pattern to insert the clip name? (I've tried "%cn" and it doesn't work...)? If not, may I gently suggest it?

Of course this could extend to many other properties one might want to reference such as layer group color, scene number, clip number, etc...

It would be great to have more of these pattern tokens as it would help me to script a one-click, error-proof, export solution to my workflow . I imagine anyone using Clip Structure would have an easier time integrating it into their own workflow with these extra pattern options.

Thanks,
David
David
--------------------------------------------------------
TVPaint 11.7 Standard
System: 64GB RAM // 3 TB SSD // Core i7 8700K // NVIDIA GTX 1080// Windows 10 Home
Hironori Takagi

Re: Clip Structure naming patterns request

Post by Hironori Takagi »

More details about this are given below.
https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvpaint-ani ... estructure
As far as looking at the JSON item, the possible choices are:

"patternfolder" iPatternFolder string The pattern of the subfolder.
And they may include those special variables:
_ %li: layer index
_ %ln: layer name
_ %fi: file index

"patternfile" iPatternFile string The pattern of the files in the subfolder.
And they may include those special variables:
_ %li: layer index
_ %ln: layer name
_ %ii: image index
_ %in: image name
_ %fi: file index

It seems that you cannot select the clip name, clip number, scene number, layer group number, etc.
When using George, I think that it can be stored in a variable in advance and used as a prefix etc.
TVPaint 11.7.2(Nov 14 2023), Windows11 Pro, HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx / TVPaint 11.7.1(Dec 22 2022) Mac OS 11.6, Apple MacBookPro M1 2020
spyderheart

Re: Clip Structure naming patterns request

Post by spyderheart »

Thanks for the extra info and the tip.
I tried your suggestion of using the clip name in variable with the "patternFolder" parameter of the tv_clipSaveStructure command it it works nicely :)
David
--------------------------------------------------------
TVPaint 11.7 Standard
System: 64GB RAM // 3 TB SSD // Core i7 8700K // NVIDIA GTX 1080// Windows 10 Home