Customized Keyboard Shortcuts Disappearing ?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
D.T. Nethery

Customized Keyboard Shortcuts Disappearing ?

Post by D.T. Nethery »

I was watching a livestream on YouTube by Joanna Davidovich, animating with TVPaint.

Starting around the 50:22 mark here: https://youtu.be/0OUTMwlAlj8?t=3022
she is talking about customizing keyboard shortcuts in TVPaint and some frustration she has with shortcuts in TVPaint … at the 50:31 mark she mentions that her customized shortcuts RESET every time she closes and then re-opens TVPaint. https://youtu.be/0OUTMwlAlj8?t=3024

She is on Mac OS 10.14 using TVPaint Pro 11.0.8 .

I messaged her and told her that I have not experienced this issue, but said I would mention it here on the forum. Has anyone else had this issue of customized keyboard shortcuts not "sticking" , the custom shortcuts disappear if you quit TVPaint and then re-open it ? What might cause that ?

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: Customized Keyboard Shortcuts Disappearing ?

Post by Thierry »

Usually when this happens, it's because the Preferences > Startup > Startup configuration setting isn't set to "Remember last used configuration".
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thank you! I'll pass that along to her.

daninski

Post by daninski »

I've fixed this for mates by deleting the config file.
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

daninski wrote: 01 Jan 2020, 17:32 I've fixed this for mates by deleting the config file.
I supposed that could be a last resort , as it can be very time consuming to restore all of one's previous custom settings. As the user manual states:
" * When a configuration is deleted, all effects, brushes, palettes, shortcuts… used previously will be lost. Of course, if you saved them in advance, you can reload and re-use them."
It has been so long since I've deleted a config and started over completely , I'm not sure about the correct procedure for saving the custom effects, brushes, palettes, shortcuts in advance to reload them in the new config . Is there a tutorial on how to do this in the most efficient way ?

I've noticed that for me TVPaint doesn't forget my customized keyboard shortcuts , even through I do NOT have the Start Up preferences set to ""Remember last used configuration" . I have mine set to "Open Start Up Panel" .

Svengali

Re: Temporary solution until the problem is solved...

Post by Svengali »

All of the current keyboard shortcuts can be saved using the File/Save Keymap command in the shortcuts window. At least that would save having to enter all the keys again.

Two macros could be designed to save (update the stored list if new commands are assigned) and then easily reload for each new session.

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
D.T. Nethery

Re: Temporary solution until the problem is solved...

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Svengali wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 12:04 All of the current keyboard shortcuts can be saved using the File/Save Keymap command in the shortcuts window. At least that would save having to enter all the keys again.

Two macros could be designed to save (update the stored list if new commands are assigned) and then easily reload for each new session.

sven

Thanks for that suggestion . I had entirely forgotten about the Save Keymap command .

Soom

Post by Soom »

All your configuration is stored in a folder and you can simply back it up and copy/paste any of the files back into any other tvp config folder both Windows and Mac (I've used this method often when migrating to other computers).

On Mac it's at: user/Library/tvp animation 11
On Windows it's in user/AppData/Roaming/tvp animation 11
(supposedly you are on TVP 11)

keyboard shortcuts are stored in config.ini file, but I prefer to save them separately and then load them fresh, because I suppose config.ini also contains other stuff...

that being said - it is correct, that TVP resets the shortcuts, if you load default config at startup. It must be on "remember last settings". not sure about other options.
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas