Locking Timeline and Applying Transformation while preserving exposures

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
piophany

Locking Timeline and Applying Transformation while preserving exposures

Post by piophany »

Hello! I had a couple of efficiency questions that I wanted to see if anyone works around.

I wanted to ask if there's a solid way of locking the number of frames in the timeline better than 'mark in' and 'mark out'. When I'm scrolling through my frames, I can find myself in the negatives or past the 120 frames the shot is planned for. This is just my own organization preference since I'm used to holding the key for next drawing and having it loop to the beginning.

My second question is if there is anyway to apply a transformation to multiple frames, but have it preserve the exposures. For example, I scale up an animation that is on 3s and applying the transformation turns it into 1s. I then manually delete the new frames and redo the instances if I want to edit the drawings.

I've been working around these and it's not a huge issue aside from slowing me down, but I'm always trying to get as efficient in TVP as I am in other programs!
Svengali

Re: Locking Timeline and Applying Transformation while preserving exposures

Post by Svengali »

First, select the frames, then do the transform, then under Animation Panel in the Exposure section, click the first icon, "Recompute Many Instances Into One Instance With Several Exposures"...

On your first question, I know no way to Lock or limit current frames to just the existing Timeline. But in my case, I've modified the next frame/previous frame advance so it wraps around end to start, going right, and wraps around start to end fame, going left.

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
D.T. Nethery

Re: Locking Timeline and Applying Transformation while preserving exposures

Post by D.T. Nethery »

My second question is if there is anyway to apply a transformation to multiple frames, but have it preserve the exposures. For example, I scale up an animation that is on 3s and applying the transformation turns it into 1s.
You can do what Svengali suggested , to use the 'Recompute Many Instances Into One Instance With Several Exposures' under Exposure in the Handy Panel.

(it is the button with the =? .)
Recompute Exposures.jpg
Recompute Exposures.jpg (30.7 KiB) Viewed 8305 times
OR turn off the Auto-Break Instance/Auto Create Frame options in the layer panel before you apply a Transformation .
Turn off Auto-Break Instance.jpg
Turn off Auto-Break Instance.jpg (24.46 KiB) Viewed 8305 times
OR if you are applying an effect from the FX Stack make sure it is set to Apply On Heads (not Frames) .
Apply FX on Heads.jpg
Apply FX on Heads.jpg (73.34 KiB) Viewed 8305 times

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1