Buy "Open Android"

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Tylos

Buy "Open Android"

Post by Tylos »

Hi,

Again time is ticking for android open version. "This "Open Android" version will be functional until December 31st 2019." Is any way to buy it? I whant to have unlimited time on my tablet?
Sloppytoons

Re: Buy "Open Android"

Post by Sloppytoons »

Same here! I really like having TV paint on Samsung Tab s3 on me everywhere I go. I'm also open to pay for an iOS version if that's in the works.
My regular IG account: Sloppybunnytoons
Brent

Post by Brent »

I'm curious too. I mean, being that I bought the Pro version of TVPaint I'm not excited at the idea of another purchase, I somewhat like that it is a "work on your tablet, transfer to you desktop" for rendering kind of thing (which means it knows I had to buy it on desktop version anyway). I've been using the Android version on my Tab S6 and it works so good, but I'm also confused on what happens at the end date because I honestly like primarily drawing/working on my tablet (I travel a lot). I'd hate to not be able to do that anymore, even for a short time lol.
meslin

Post by meslin »

Hey -- those of you who use the android version, what do you do about those "missing" keyboard shortcuts, such as mouse wheel and right-click? (I inquired on this thread, too, to no avail: http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php? ... 67#p111567)
I really enjoyed the Galaxy Tab S3 (specifically the OLED display, fast performance, and battery-free tilt-compatible stylus). I used the Staedtler Noris Digital Stylus, and it worked great, too. However, I'm so dependent on the mouse wheel for flipping that I got rid of it and got a Cube (Alldocube) Book instead. No tilt, but otherwise, nice cheap Wacom EMR portable with a decent display (though not as nice as the Galaxy Tab S screens).
Brent

Post by Brent »

meslin wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 23:13 Hey -- those of you who use the android version, what do you do about those "missing" keyboard shortcuts, such as mouse wheel and right-click? (I inquired on this thread, too, to no avail: http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php? ... 67#p111567)
I really enjoyed the Galaxy Tab S3 (specifically the OLED display, fast performance, and battery-free tilt-compatible stylus). I used the Staedtler Noris Digital Stylus, and it worked great, too. However, I'm so dependent on the mouse wheel for flipping that I got rid of it and got a Cube (Alldocube) Book instead. No tilt, but otherwise, nice cheap Wacom EMR portable with a decent display (though not as nice as the Galaxy Tab S screens).
I don't have an answer for that. The right clicks and everything else I've mainly gotten around by using the various menus/icons. For any sort of regular hot keys I use either a bluetooth keyboard (small portable one) or a wired number pad + USB->USB C dongle (might get a wireless one later). I'd be interested to know a solution to the context menu problem, on Tab S6 pen there is a button and I think it would be nice if you are holding that button and tapped it would act like a right click.