Next Frame -shortcut?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
masiyooo

Next Frame -shortcut?

Post by masiyooo »

Hello.

I'm new to storyboarding with TVP11 Pro (11.0.8-64bit), and the way I am doing is that I'm dividing each cut into it's own scene in the project timeline, and if I want to show any change in movement within that cut, I draw those changes within the scenes "Clip:timeline". I'm sure this is more or less how it ought to be done.

My problem is with cycling through the frames that are sort of "hidden" within the scenes, while in the Project -view of the timeline.
In the "Remote Control" panel there is a button for "Next/Previous" frame, and clicking that allows me to cycle through all the frames within the whole project (for example if one scene has 3 frames in it, it cycles through all of those three frames before jumping to the next scene), but using Left/Right -arrows on my keyboard only cycles through the first frame of each scene and skips any frames "buried" within the scenes themselves.

I've gone through the keyboard shortcuts menu and I can't seem to find the right setting for this. I'm sure it is somewhere in there, but I can't find it. Any help? Thanks.
slowtiger

Re: Next Frame -shortcut?

Post by slowtiger »

There's a difference between "next frame " and "next instance". Per default the arrow buttons use "next instance". You can easily assign this differently.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

There is some confusion because I seem to recall that in some of the TVPaint documentation you'll find references to "frames" , but other places the word used is "images" (as distinct from instances ) . If you search the shortcuts for "Next Frame" or "Previous Frame" you won't find it.

The keyboard shortcuts you are looking for are grouped under Layer : Next Image , Previous Image . (but note that is only in the list of shortcuts ... under the Layer menu you will not find Next Image , Previous Image , but you will find Go to Next Instance and Go to Previous Instance. )

I have Next Image set to . (period) and Previous Image set to , (comma) .
This advances one image (frame) forward or one image (frame) back.

For Next Instance I have it set to Forward (or Right) ► and for Previous Instance I have it set to Back (or Left) ◄ .
TVPaint Previous Next Image Instance.png

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Hironori Takagi

Post by Hironori Takagi »

I think that request by masiyooo is display a frame "not first" in a clip when the "Project" tab is selected.
Although it is not a complete method,
use “Bookmark” the frame that want to display and using “Bookmark: Next” and “Bookmark: Previous” shortcuts.
The problem with this method is that pressing "Bookmark: Next" at the last bookmark can not jumps to the first bookmark of the next clip.
You may submit it as a request for improvement.
Attachments
20190909.png
TVPaint 11.7.2(Nov 14 2023), Windows11 Pro, HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0xxx / TVPaint 11.7.1(Dec 22 2022) Mac OS 11.6, Apple MacBookPro M1 2020