Trouble applying FX stack to CTG layer Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Leighflee

Trouble applying FX stack to CTG layer

Post by Leighflee »

Hi, I'm a new user so please forgive me if this is a silly question but I'm finding it hard to find the information I need.
I would like to transition a CTG layer from black and white to colour across the timeline. I have been successful in applying the change that I want to the CTG squiggles themselves but the animation itself when played remains unchanged.
Is there something I'm missing? :oops:
cgmodeler

Re: Trouble applying FX stack to CTG layer

Post by cgmodeler »

Perhaps if you post a screenshot we could help you better.
www.cocoalopez.com
vimeo / 156794487
Desktop: TVP Pro 11.0.8 - 64bit Win 7 x64 48GB RAM - GTX1070 - Cintiq 27QHD Driver 6.3.29
2dbert

Re: Trouble applying FX stack to CTG layer

Post by 2dbert »

You might have to make your CTG layer an animation layer before effects can be applied. As long as it's a CTG layer, it relates to the line art of another layer, and in the same line that you cannot use any tools other than the squiggle and erase on it, you probably cannot use effects, actually it's great that you get a preview nonetheless (if I understand you correctly). I recommend to duplicate the CTG layer to secure your information just in case, then leave one of them visible, make it an animation layer, and apply your effects to it.
Mac OSX Version 10.9 - 2GHz Intel Core 64(? I think so at least)bit - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Yiynova MSP19U
TvPaint Animation 11.0.6 Pro