Questions about Student Licence! Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
fairycolony

Questions about Student Licence!

Post by fairycolony »

Hi! I am considering buying a student licence of TVpaint, but I only have one year of study left, or possibly two if I choose to do a postgraduate program.

I have been trying to figure out if the licence expires immediately after you study, or if it stops working until you pay the difference between the student price and the regular price, or if it does not expire at all.

The FAQ on the website is somewhat confusing on this subject, as it says:
"the features are exactly the same and there are no time limit. Students can even use their licenses after their study, as Freelance artists."

This implies the license can be used after finishing your studies, but then it proceeds to say this in the next section:
"Of course, when your Student status has expired, you have to pay the Full Commercial price."

Could somebody possibly clarify this for me? I feel like having these two statements in the FAQ is really confusing.

(Also, even while animating after my studies, I would not be using the software commercially. I just enjoy animating for fun. Not sure if that is relevant...)
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: Questions about Student Licence!

Post by Thierry »

Hello fairycolony,

The license is valid forever after you buy it.
This implies the license can be used after finishing your studies, but then it proceeds to say this in the next section:
"Of course, when your Student status has expired, you have to pay the Full Commercial price."
That means when we will release a paid upgrade (or if you want to upgrade from the Standard to the Professional Edition), if you aren't a student anymore you will not benefit from the student discount and have to pay the "normal" price.

I hope this clears any confusion :)
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
slowtiger

Re: Questions about Student Licence!

Post by slowtiger »

It's simple: you buy the Student license with your student ID as proof that you are, in fact, a student. Create good stuff with it as long as you want. Only if you want to buy an upgrade you will be asked if you're still a student, if not, you just pay full price as anybody else.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5