Project Playback + Export issue

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
totemcreative

Project Playback + Export issue

Post by totemcreative »

Hey guys, I need your help again. I am in the main project window (not the clip window). I wanted to playback the whole project, but TVP only plays the clip which is selected instead of the entire project (compilation of clips). It does the same thing with export as well. I need to export ALL the clips from my project as ONE MP4, but by default it only exports the clip that has been selected, not all the clips.

This is so so frustrating. :evil: :cry: I can't even find a tutorial for it on TVP's youtube because the interface of the videos in the tutorials is different from mine (since they're using pro and I have the standard version). Could this be an issue, that only Pro people get to export all the clips? If so that's absolutely ridiculous.
Please help! :(
slowtiger

Re: Project Playback + Export issue

Post by slowtiger »

Works here.

Did you, by any chance, have set in and out points to the same frame in a clip?
Have you set any clip to hide?
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
totemcreative

Post by totemcreative »

slowtiger wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 15:12 Works here.

Did you, by any chance, have set in and out points to the same frame in a clip?
Have you set any clip to hide?
No, no mark in or out is done. It is sent to the default Mark In of 0 and Mark Out of 419 (End of clip 1)
Attaching screenshots of the screens I see, incase you can see some issue there.
No, the clip isn't hidden (doesn't have a cross on it). I don't even know how to hide a clip.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 10.31.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 10.31.06 AM.png
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Is that TVP Debut you're using? In that case you can't use the Project View.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

In the Pro Edition, within a single project you have multiple Clips which can be played back from the Project Tab in continuity
and may be exported as composited .mov from the Project Display tab in the Export window. This is the extra feature in Pro Edition
that allows for editing of animatics within TVPaint , so you don't have to export your clips individually and edit your animatic in a separate editing app.

However , in the Standard Edition the individual "Clips" (such as your 1 , 2, 3, 4 ,5 in your screenshot) are not linked like that.
To watch them in continuity you would have to export each one as a .mov , then drop each of those .mov files into an editing application
(Premiere, Final Cut, iMovie , etc.) to watch them composited as one continuous movie and then export them to a composite movie file.

Notice the difference in the Export interface in the Pro Edition (screenshot below) and the Standard Edition. The Standard Edition has
tabs Clip Display, Clip Layers Structure, Custom Brush Display , but the Pro Edition adds Project Display to Clip Display, Clip Layers Structure,
Custom Brush Display.
Export from Project Display tab in Pro Edition.jpg
The comparison chart between Pro and Standard shows what the differences are in this regard :
https://www.tvpaint.com/v2/files//produ ... arison.pdf
TVP_Pro_compared_to_Standard.jpg

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

In regards to the Standard Edition , I wrote :
"To watch the clips in continuity you would have to export each one as a .mov , then drop each of those .mov files into an editing application
(Premiere, Final Cut, iMovie , etc.) to watch them composited as one continuous movie and then export them to a composite movie file."
There is a sort of workaround for this with the Standard Edition which I forgot to mention before.

Let's say you have 6 clips that you want to play in continuity in the Standard Edition.

First , to preserve your original , Select all the clips and then right-click , from the menu choose Create a New Project from Selected Clips .

In the duplicate project go to the next-to-last clip (Clip #5) , select it , then from the Clips menu click on Merge Clips . This merges the last clip (Clip #6) with the previous clip (Clip #5) Now repeat that action with each clip, working back to the first clip until all the clips are merged . Now you may watch the 6 merged clips play in continuity ,
and you may also export them as single .MOV or .AVI file , thus avoiding the necessity of exporting them as individual .MOV files and "splicing" them together in Premiere or other editing app.

Where this gets tricky is that if each of your clips has a soundtrack loaded , when you merge the clips , it also merges the soundtracks , (because TVPaint Standard doesn't support multiple soundtracks) . IF your sound is already mixed and in sync , this should not be a problem to have all the soundtracks "mixed down" to a single merged track , but if you have further editing or adjustments to make to the sound , this could be a problem (which is why I say to first duplicate the project and do the merging action on the duplicate project , so you can always work back to the original if need be.)

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1