cannot download TVPaint from account

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Lynnteressant

cannot download TVPaint from account

Post by Lynnteressant »

Hi!

I realize this might not technically be a technical issue, and I've already contacted TVPaint directly because there seems to be a problem with my account, but I can't download the program anymore, even though I bought it way back in 2011.
My old computer just crashed, and I need to use the program this weekend.

Can I download the program (standard version) for Windows 10 (64-bit), some other way than through my account?

My new computer doesn't have a CD-drive, so I can't use the CD they sent with the dongle (provided that that CD carries TVPaint and not just dongle drivers, I don't remember).
Since I bought the program and have all the unlock information and the dongle, I'm kinda frustrated that I cant legally download the program anywhere.
Sorry, this might be a matter of: there is no answer, but I thought maybe someone on here might have a solution.

Thanks in advance,
Lynn
Jerome Boulbes

Re: cannot download TVPaint from account

Post by Jerome Boulbes »

This is not going to be very helpfull, but I think that since 2011 Tvpaint as changed its login and downloading system... there was an information email at some point, which asked users to reenter login informations and passwords ...
You'll need to login from the home page ("my account") and then you can download everything. But for login, your 2011 informations may be outdated.

Unless someboby from TVP comes back to office during the WE you may have to wait until monday...

best
Lynnteressant

Post by Lynnteressant »

Hm yes, vaguely remember that mail. I think you're right that that probably has something to do with my account not working right.
Thanks for your answer! I'll sit tight and hope someone from the TVPaint crew is a workaholic and comes in on sunday.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello Lynnteressant,
Did you manage to access your account? Otherwise, could you send me your dongle number via PM, please? :)
Probably a vampire