Many Fonts are not recognized by TVPAint (on Mac)

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Soom

Many Fonts are not recognized by TVPAint (on Mac)

Post by Soom »

I rarely use the Type tool, but today it took me almost half an hour to realize, why I couldn't type anything: it appears that TVPaint cannot recognize many fonts.
I tried to figure out which type of fonts it doesn't recognize, but it seems to be random. Some basic fonts like Myriad Pro, or all Adobe fonts, and many others aren't recognized and either show squares or nothing at all...
While it is not a major issue, but actually one of my projects relies on animating the Type tool, and it's a bit frustrating not to be able to use the fonts I actually need...
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
RickAnderson

Re: Many Fonts are not recognized by TVPAint (on Mac)

Post by RickAnderson »

Do you have any suggestion how to fix it?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

This problem seems to be software-independent, the same happens in Moho.

Have a look inside your Fonts folder. I bet you that fonts which don't show up in TVP are those which are inside their own folders. Get them out and restart TVP again and check.
Also I bet that you have more than one place where you've stored fonts. OSX uses them anyway, but it seems that TVP (and Moho) only scvans the initial Fonts folder, instead of getting a list of all active fonts from System.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Soom

Post by Soom »

slowtiger wrote: 05 Apr 2019, 14:23 This problem seems to be software-independent, the same happens in Moho.

Have a look inside your Fonts folder. I bet you that fonts which don't show up in TVP are those which are inside their own folders. Get them out and restart TVP again and check.
Also I bet that you have more than one place where you've stored fonts. OSX uses them anyway, but it seems that TVP (and Moho) only scvans the initial Fonts folder, instead of getting a list of all active fonts from System.
I have checked and this is not the case. I have many fonts in my Fonts folder that are still not working in TVPaint. I can choose the font from the list, so I suppose TVP does see all the active fonts, but they still don't work...
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas